so has the $0/0 commit install deadline been extended? Yes, till 7/31/04

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
subject says all. I'm close to cancelling voom and have to ponder my return strategy :)

Does that mean if I have an install scheduled for 7/13 that I should get the SS instead of the Sensar II?

The SS seems to be perfect for my location and better from the WAF standpoint.

Do I need to check with the installer or should this be SOP?

They should just keep the 0 down deal until the DVR gets released. Then offer a deal with the DVR included. Of course offer the best deal to those who have VOOM already.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Yes, until 7/31/04.

We are substituting, at our expense, the SquareShooter OTA antenna to ensure the most reliable OTA HD reception.

I assume you mean this is something that your own company is doing for voom installs? Are you an independent retailer or a contractor with Installers inc?

well i have been promised by voom and pre-approved for the upgraded antenna and i have yet to see it yet, stay away from prostar digital they are worthless, i have had them here 3 times now and still have the same useless antenna, everytime they come here they give me the same answer, there is nothing they can do about the ota antenna that i have, if im getting something to come in with the a/b switch i might as well continue to use it instead of the useless diplexor, or supposed to be connected to the receiver for the ota channels and its still wont work thru the receiver, only with an a/b switch, lots of luck with voom, i do enjoy all the high def channels and sd channels they offer also.

shaun-ohio said:
well i have been promised by voom and pre-approved for the upgraded antenna and i have yet to see it yet, stay away from prostar digital they are worthless, i have had them here 3 times now and still have the same useless antenna, everytime they come here they give me the same answer, there is nothing they can do about the ota antenna that i have, if im getting something to come in with the a/b switch i might as well continue to use it instead of the useless diplexor, or supposed to be connected to the receiver for the ota channels and its still wont work thru the receiver, only with an a/b switch, lots of luck with voom, i do enjoy all the high def channels and sd channels they offer also.

Shaun,

contact Wilt and explain to him your situation and see if can come up with something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts