Voom newbie needs OTA HD help?

NybobbyNy

Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Hi. I am new to Voom, and was looking for a little info on the issue that I am having. I bought 2 Voom receivers hoping I can use them for OTA use. After hooking one of the boxes up I gained access the "Install Wizard" and tried to scan for locals, but instead of the scanning the whole screen just blinks. This will keep on happening until I press back. I also tried to "Aim Antenna", but that doesn't do anything either.

Secure Firmware:V16
Current Software 02.4C
HAL Version: 00.07.37
Middleware Version: 01.45.02

I hope someone can give me some info.

Welcome to the forum!

Try removing the OTA module and inserting it again.
If this doesn't help, you might have a bad box, I am afraid.

Thanks I really appreciate your responses. I checked the other receiver and it was able to scan, but my indoor antenna wasn't powerful enough to lock on to any signals.

Does anyone know if there are any sites to walk me through removing the OTA module and inserting it again. I am not even sure what it looks like or where it is.

Thanks again.

FAYRICH, forgive my limited knowledge of this, but are you talking about the diplexer? If you are then neither receiver has one of them.

No - this is not a diplexor. If this is missing on both boxes, then you will not receive any OTA. It is where the antenna cable connects and has a tab sticking out for grasping. Sounds as if you may be connecting to the satellite input. Do you have an empty rectangular opening on the right rear of these units? If so, you got screwed by the seller.

Right. I do see what you are talking about, the little tab above the coax input.

Do I just give that a tug and it is supposed to come out?

Yes - but I doubt that will help any. Go ahead and try that, and also a hard reboot. You do that by removing power to the unit for 20 seconds, and then plug back in. Maybe you'll get lucky. But it sounds like you may have bad OTA modules or even worse, bad boxes. This would be really strange since you have 2 boxes.

You definitely need to do a hard reboot after reinserting or swapping the antenna modules, otherwise it won't detect or tune any channels! Since you have to do that anyway, you may as well just do it all with the box unplugged.

Thanks again for your replies.

I ejected the OTA module and reinserted it with the unit unplugged, but I still had the same problem. :( Is a hard reboot simply leaving the unit unplugged for a while, or is there some other way?

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)