Voom off air early Tuesday morning

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
VOOM OFF Air for night

What is going on.... all the VOOM channels went off the air at 1:00 am Mt. Time. Does anyone know why??

The screen reads Error. Lost satellite.... yet all of the Sky angel Channels work perfectly??

No late night VOOM.... Bummmah!

All the Voom channels are dark, and the PG shows "Off Air" for them at varying times from midnight - 3 a.m. PT. Uplink maintenance? Maybe adding 11 new channels? ;)

I didn't turn on the tube this morning, but it is most likely a problem with the Program Guide. Inquiring Minds want to know? I would love to see the entire VOOM21 return to the air prior to the T-Day holiday.

VOOM channels are up here.

not sure I heard they were getting ready to switch over the VOOM uplink from NY to Chyanne, WY. I am not sure if that happened last night tor not.

Scott, does this mean that they are now cleared to use Rainbow 1 now? I know the FCC blessed the deal, but I wasn't sure if the deal is closed yet....

I believe so Bob, I know the upcoming software releases are getting ready for Rainbow 1 as all receivers will be able to see all 32 transponders.

I also know that they were working on the Fiber which is carrying VOOM to the Chyanne Uplink.

(Still not positive is Chyanne is transmitting VOOM or is VOOM is still doing it from NYC)

Tommorow could be a VERY busy update day in the uplink reports. I look forward to seeing what Goalie Bob and John H have to report. :)

riffjim4069 said:
I didn't turn on the tube this morning, but it is most likely a problem with the Program Guide. Inquiring Minds want to know? I would love to see the entire VOOM21 return to the air prior to the T-Day holiday.
No, it was actually off the air during those times. I'm figuring maintenance or something, 'cause I sure don't have any new channels... :)

Hrmm, it seems from ~2am - 5am eastern there gonna go off again says the guide!

Hope it is like you said, wake up in the AM , and find my 811 and many more HD channels :)

Voom outtage?

Voom went dark @ 3AM(2Central) on my 921.

Can anyone else verify this?

All Voom channels report (Off Air) Then at 5AM(4CT) the guide data shows programming again.

I missed Pink Panther!!! :wtf:

Yes, Transponders 1,3,5,7 (from rainbow-1) are dark. This is where voom was on 61.5. Scott said they possibly are moving the uplink of these channels from the cablevision uplink in NY to the Echostar uplink in WY.

Maybe they'll light up a few other transponders as well :)

5AM Eastern, Transponders 1,3,5,7 on 61.5 are transmitting once again. I don't believe they've switched the uplink yet either...

Theres two threads on this, so maybe a mod can combine in the morning..

Wednesday morning the Voom channels on 61.5 went 'off air' and the 4 transponders that they are carried on went dark. By 5am everything was back to normal.

HokieEngineer said:
Theres two threads on this, so maybe a mod can combine in the morning..

Wednesday morning the Voom channels on 61.5 went 'off air' and the 4 transponders that they are carried on went dark. By 5am everything was back to normal.

Where is the other thread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts