Voom on LCD monitor?

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Has anyone successfully hooked a Voom box to a LCD monitor via DVI, like the Apple Cinema HD? Or is it different kind of DVI?

I have not done it but here where I work they have it set up down the hall at a regional support center to an LCD monitor. As far as I'm aware there is only one standard for DVI and all use the same so there should be no technical reason it doesn't work.

So you are saying I could hook up my old 17" LCD Gateway monitor to a Voom STB and get a really good SD display for the bedroom. or office?

I would also be curious if any one has done this.

Kentstater72 said:
So you are saying I could hook up my old 17" LCD Gateway monitor to a Voom STB and get a really good SD display for the bedroom. or office?

I would also be curious if any one has done this.

As long as it is HDCP compliant.

Jerry

jawilljr said:
As long as it is HDCP compliant.
And as long as it has DVI interface, not just VGA.
And I guess the monitor needs to be able to support the HD resolution/refresh rate of the STB - I am not sure all of them do.
Give it a try, though...

I used to use a computer monitor with my Dish 6000 since it has a VGA output. When I got Voom, I got a VGA->DVI adapter for my pj, but I don't know if you can go in the other direction since the Voom box is DVI digital, whereas my pj accepts digital or analog.

DarrellP said:
I used to use a computer monitor with my Dish 6000 since it has a VGA output. When I got Voom, I got a VGA->DVI adapter for my pj, but I don't know if you can go in the other direction since the Voom box is DVI digital, whereas my pj accepts digital or analog.
No, that adapter will not work with DVI-D interface used by VOOM, which is digital only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)