VOOM on the Cover of Sound & Vision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Here's a good sign for ESPN-HD:

Posted by: kickorutvols111 at Yahoo Group.

Voom is front and center in Sound & Vision magazine in the April
issue. They give a channel line-up ...

Other than what we already have ...

NBA HD (in season)
TNT HD
ESPN HD
Playboy HD ($7.90 per 12 hr. block or $14.90 per month)
HD Movies Pay Per View

I'll let you all read it for yourselves, but his overall impression
was "for 24/7 high-def programming, the new bird in the sky is way
ahead of everyone else".

this is good news! We need this kind of thing right now, as it seems there are so many folks out there that just want to see Voom fail! What is it with all these guys, on other forums, that just scoff at the mere mention of Voom?

GeneWildershair said:
What is it with all these guys, on other forums, that just scoff at the mere mention of Voom?
Gene:

I noticed this too on other forums, just as it seemed that people were getting off the fence and signing up there came a backlash of people who just wanted to claim VOOM is a failure and "I told you so." Meanwhile, those of us who took the chance on VOOM are enjoying 40+ HD channels with little risk.

"Meanwhile, those of us who took the chance on VOOM are enjoying 40+ HD channels with little risk."

exactly! I don't know exactly what it is these hate about Voom? Oh well, like you said, us voomers can enjoy great (HD) programming while they're still bitching about the lack of HD programming on their equipment! What's funny is they could just stop all the bitching and could all join the party over here with voom, and have nothing to lose! hehe... whatever.

Theres leaders and then there are followers. Were the leaders.

Trust me, when Voom reports significant gains in subscribership and keeps adding programming those same clowns will come crawling out of the woodwork and get on board without uttering a word.

Bill

LOL... look at this post I found on usenet....

"With all this talk about why VOOM is failing so horribly I decided to
vist their website. Then I instantly knew one major reason; their
advertising and marketing heads need to be let go, take a quick look
at the remote control and the reciever box. They box look like they
belong in a kids room with heavy use of primary colors. Now think
about the target audience, many of us would pay a bit more simply to
have a black cabinet over a dark grey. The VOOM remote is repuslive,
and it's featured right away when you go to the website.

Sounds like a silly little thing, and it may only be subconious for
many, but believe me it is important and hopefully someones head will
roll."

Boy some people are so ignorant!

Sean Mota said:
I like the pricing of Playboy-HD. If $14.90/mth is the price, I'll take it.
Same as the D* SD feed. What's not to like. When that comes I cancel my D* Playboy.... :yes

Hmm... the box does stand out a bit if you have all black electronics.. but that's not much of a reason to put Voom down.

One of the things I noticed was their commercials seem very well done. Great sound, and usually enjoyable.

Now the promo channel, probably the most important commercials, isn't nearly as good.

Don't care about other forums

Just a few thoughts on the Voom trashing from other forums. I've seen some comments, but I don't really care. Truthfully, I've stopped paying any attention to forums--except for this one.

This forum is even better than Voom customer service. Seems like there is always someone who will know the answer to a question, and you get answers almost in real-time. That is a tribute to all registered users. Sean Mota is particularly helpful. It also seems like this user community has a general attitude that is positive towards Voom, and everyone is interested in helping each other out, and in staying informed. I hope we continue that when other people SEE Voom and decide that it is a pretty good deal.

It does kill me what really little trivial things people can complain about. Case in point the look of the receiver and remote. This is really minor. The main thing here is the HD programming that's available. I don't see this much programming being made available from any other satellite companies. Voom is coming through and I'm getting full use of my HDTV. That's a good enough reason for me to be subscribing.

Room for Voom

I certainly hope Voom makes it. To me, Dish and DirecTV barely are differentiated from each other but Voom is clearly trying to do something different. I just hope that the people at Voom realize that their customers are probably going to be a bit more focused on PQ because the service is for those with HDTVs - and MAN can you see it when the PQ is poor with an HDTV.

I hope they don't go the route of packing as many channels as possible and degrading the channels by squeezing down the bit rate of their channels. It looks like they have done a great job so far of choosing what channels to show - Discovery, Bravo, Nick, Travel, OLN, Spike, Speed, History etc...

I also hope that they have enough cash reserves to survive at least a year+ until they can actually start seeing some real subscriber-ship.

Good luck Voom! May this be the beginning of a new era of incredible entertainment.

Chad

I thought Gary did a good job and you can tell the facts in the fast changing Voom world (e.g., no no money down info). In the voomilostene era, it sounds like 3 months to get article to press.

Tim

I get 4 A/V rags and Voom is plastered all over them, including the back cover of one of them.

Ever since gettingn hdtv and waiting and waiting and waiting for programming...then strugling while both satellite companies floundered and then OFFERED THE EXACT SAME PROGRAMMING to which neither has added a channel, in six months. adding CBS to 1/10th of subs dont count. All the while i thought "Why cant someone with a little foresight offer NOTHING BUT HDTV??. We all have more than 1 provider-heck there are people here with all 4 and OTA. I think VOOM is the best thing to happen to TV since it turned color!! >>>>MY install is in 15-19 hours!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts