Voom, Please Make All Channels Look Like This Did!

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Question for those in the know: Is Voom using the new Harmonic Encoders on MonstersHD as of today? I ask because I just watched an hour of Russell Mulcahy's Mummy and it was spectacular. It was OAR and not one mosquito wing anywhere to be found. There was a Rave scene in a bar with strobe lights and I did not see a single macro block and we all know how HD hates strobe lights. :p Even the film grain was practically non-existent. Why can't they make all the channels look this great?

This movie was awesome! If Voom can make all the HD channels look like this, I will be in Pig Heaven!

Whatever you are doing Voom, please spread it to all channels, especially EquatorHD.

DarrellP said:
Question for those in the know: Is Voom using the new Harmonic Encoders on MonstersHD as of today? I ask because I just watched an hour of Russell Mulcahy's Mummy and it was spectacular. It was OAR and not one mosquito wing anywhere to be found. There was a Rave scene in a bar with strobe lights and I did not see a single macro block and we all know how HD hates strobe lights. :p Even the film grain was practically non-existent. Why can't they make all the channels look this great?

This movie was awesome! If Voom can make all the HD channels look like this, I will be in Pig Heaven!

Whatever you are doing Voom, please spread it to all channels, especially EquatorHD.
I have always hoped that VOOM would place a 'Network Status' link on their website so we're not left wondering what they're doing. Anyway, since you brought up MonstersHD, what a lineup they have today...starting with Bubba Ho-Tep last night: Bubba Ho-Tep, Tale of the Mummy, Blood From the Mummy's Tomb, From Dusk Till Dawn 3, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th Part VII, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2, Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III.

Speaking of Horror Stories...a was quickly flipping through the PG yesterday when I saw 'Ted Nugent' in the PG...got very excited! :yes However, when I slowed down and went back to the channel I was disappointed to find out it was actually, A Zed and Two Noughts. :eek: In an instant I went from Great While Buffalo to Great While Buffalo Chips. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to add, why can't all of Voom's exclusives work like MonstersHD?

Rave is pretty good but they need more music videos not just clips of soundstage as music videos and more diversity. However this is the 2nd best channel Voom has.

I want the diversity and attention they give Monsters to be applied to FU, Rush, and HDNews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)