Voom second dish/Superdish install problem

leaderc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2004
I have a Superdish into a DP34 into two 811s. I am trying to get the second dish (a Dish 500 with Dishpro LNB) hooked in. From what I saw in the thread on this, the output (going to the 811) of the DP34 goes into one side of a DP21, and the second dish with Dishpro LNB goes into the other side of the DP21, then the output to the 811. I did this (though I did not yet have the second dish aligned to 61.5) and the only satellite the 811 could see after a check switch was 119. Any thoughts on what is wrong? Does the Dish500 have to be aligned to 61.5 before the DP21 will work correctly? It doesn't seem like the receiver would care, and it should still see 110/119/121 coming out of the Superdish?

Thanks,
Charles Leader

from what I understood in all the helpful threats (many thanks for them !! - my time will come for some questions too-lol) - you should at first hook up the Dish500 alone to your receiver -your "point dish" menue will give you the coordinates to align the dish to the 61.5 sat.- if you have a dual lnb (originally for 110 AND 119) cover the 119 lnb with a cloth or foil and find the 61.5 and lock it in - then reconnect your superdish.....etc.
I hope it helps and good luck.
Matt :)

sorry for my mistake - you should cover the 110 lnb and use the 119 to lock on to the 61.5
Matt :)

Well all, I did exactly what was mentioned, hooked the 61.5 dish straight in, did a check switch, it found the DP500,lined the dish up to 61.5 (94% signal strength), put the 61.5 dish into port 2 of the DP21, put the output of the DP34 into port 1 of the DP21, and the only thing the 811 could see after another check switch was 119. I also tried the "To additional switch" port on the DP34 into the DP21, same result, only 119 shows up. Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,
Charles

What happens if you Check Switch with ONLY the DP34 plugged into the DP21 Port #1?

BTW, the trunking outputs of the DP34 will be the ONE satellite that corresponds to it's input port (just like the diagram on the switch shows).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)