VOOM Signs Agreement w/ Don King Productions 4 HD Boxing

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Source

-- Nation's Newest, Most Advanced Television Service to Air Exclusive High-Definition Telecast of "Undisputed - Back-to-Back-to-Back," Live from Atlantic City on December 13

-- Don King to Star in VOOM Advertising Campaign Beginning December 1

VOOM, the first television service to offer a comprehensive array of high-definition (HD) programming to customers throughout the continental United States, today announced it has reached an agreement with Don King Productions to provide the exclusive HD presentation of the highly anticipated world championship boxing extravaganza, "Undisputed -- Back-to-Back-to-Back," live from Atlantic City on Saturday, December 13, 2003. VOOM is a service of Rainbow DBS, Cablevision Systems Corporation's satellite division.

"Undisputed -- Back-to-Back-to-Back," the first major HD sports special presented by VOOM, will be held at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall and will be promoted by Don King Productions in association with Caesars Atlantic City and Bally's Atlantic City, and sponsored by CMXchange. The historic pay-per-view television event, produced by KingVision Pay-Per-View, Ltd., will be distributed domestically in standard definition by HBO Pay-Per-View, available in high-definition exclusively on VOOM, and distributed internationally by DK International Sales.

This unprecedented night of championship boxing, one of the most momentous boxing cards ever held in Atlantic City, will be produced and broadcast in 1080i HD through a partnership of Don King Productions and Rainbow Media Holdings LLC. The HD presentation of the event will air live, exclusively on VOOM, beginning at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT.

Anyone know what Network/Channel will have the repeat airing of this? Normally HBO airs all HBO-PPV boxing events the Saturday after, but this time they are not.

I cannot find out where it will air and since I won't be around next weekend, paying for the event is not an option. And no, I do not have Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)