Voom still advertising $1 install.

ivanzapped

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Can't remember what channel I was watching , not a Voom channel , and to my surprise there was a commerical for the $1 install for Voom . If they are dead , why would they still be advertising , keep your fingers crossed .

They are still showing on DiscoveryHD, I see them all the time while watching it, even on Dish Network.

My $1 install occurred yesterday and the installer had a full week of installations scheduled. He didn't have any insider information beyond the specualtions that we have voiced here already. But he was very optimistic.

O.K. just saw the Brandsmart commerical for $300 off any HDTV with a VOOM $1 install in the Atlanta area :)

ivanzapped said:
O.K. just saw the Brandsmart commerical for $300 off any HDTV with a VOOM $1 install in the Atlanta area :)

Ditto in Miami FL

11:45 on WGN in Chicago just ran a Voom 3 rooms for $1 commercial. This is the first time I have seen a voom commercial on local Chicago stations, except for the infomercial. I have been laid up for the last three months because a injury and have been watching a lot of TV. I have a Mits 52825 since 12-13 -04 and Voom since 12-20-04 and love both. I hope they can work out a deal to keep Voom going. I still have dish for my ppv and dvr needs and Voom blows away dish.

I was checking showtimes at hollywood.com and there was an add for VOOM $1 install in 3 rooms . I am seeing more of this than I ever have before .

Keep in mind, ad buys in media are contracted, booked and placed several weeks, if not months in advance. There could even be year-long contracts in place that Voom is still liable for financially even if they pull the plug (unless bankruptcy filings enter the picture). So they might as well run them. When I started my current job in PR/Marketing, my predecessor "slashed and burned" our organization on her way out by signing ridiculous long-term ad buys with several media outlets that we in turn were stuck with and had to honor for the life of the contract. I think a more telling sign is how long VOOM will continue to advertise and sign people up over the phone or through their Web site.

Zookster said:
So they might as well run them.

Not necessarily true. The problem with this is that they will expand the costs for every single install. Therefore, it may financially be better for them to cancel the ads and infomercials and pay the penalty if they already are certain not to continue with the service. That is less expensive for them.

Zookster said:
Keep in mind, ad buys in media are contracted, booked and placed several weeks, if not months in advance. There could even be year-long contracts in place that Voom is still liable for financially even if they pull the plug (unless bankruptcy filings enter the picture). So they might as well run them. When I started my current job in PR/Marketing, my predecessor "slashed and burned" our organization on her way out by signing ridiculous long-term ad buys with several media outlets that we in turn were stuck with and had to honor for the life of the contract. I think a more telling sign is how long VOOM will continue to advertise and sign people up over the phone or through their Web site.

You are not correct. Contacts can bel cancelled and often are. I was a media buyer and owned an ad agency. I can't tell you how many times we had production all done, time bought, contacts signed all to canecell it is 48 hours. The most a media outlet you penalize a buyer is 14 days, but that is rarely done.

Quite possibly true. But a lawsuit for defaulting on ad contracts worth 100's of thousands, if not millions of dollars, could prove more costly in the long run.

Or perhaps VOOM simply is required to keep "business as usual" going during the transition period due to pending FCC approval process.

From a Voom Supervisor: 01-2005 Day today

ivanzapped said:
Can't remember what channel I was watching , not a Voom channel , and to my surprise there was a commerical for the $1 install for Voom . If they are dead , why would they still be advertising , keep your fingers crossed .
We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support

gutter said:
You are not correct. Contacts can bel cancelled and often are. I was a media buyer and owned an ad agency. I can't tell you how many times we had production all done, time bought, contacts signed all to canecell it is 48 hours. The most a media outlet you penalize a buyer is 14 days, but that is rarely done.

I have to totally respect your experience on this. But in my experience it seems to depend on the vendor/media outlet and your relationship with them when it comes to how forgiving they would be. We unfortunately weren't so lucky. With some, we were able to negotiate down the terms of the contract.
With VOOM, there could be stipulations in the contract for extenuating circumstances, such as closing shop. As of yet, they have not officially announced they are closing shop... so business as usual.

Why can't this quote stay on?

Zookster said:
I have to totally respect your experience on this. But in my experience it seems to depend on the vendor/media outlet and your relationship with them when it comes to how forgiving they would be. We unfortunately weren't so lucky. With some, we were able to negotiate down the terms of the contract.
With VOOM, there could be stipulations in the contract for extenuating circumstances, such as closing shop. As of yet, they have not officially announced they are closing shop... so business as usual.

Quote from " VOOM supervisor " ::::"
We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support : what part dont you understand ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)