VOOM with HP Media Center

stockymd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Wondering if anyone has any idea if VOOM will work with my media center after i hook it up. Will the program guide download properly? Has anyone tried this? I have no idea what I'm doing, any help would be appreciated.

:D Checking with the experts before I even hook-up the system.

:music !sadroll

"stockymd" you need to post more info on how you...

stockymd said:
Wondering if anyone has any idea if VOOM will work with my media center after i hook it up. Will the program guide download properly? Has anyone tried this? I have no idea what I'm doing, any help would be appreciated.

:D Checking with the experts before I even hook-up the system.

:music !sadroll

plan to setup your system. I think this is why you have no posts to help you yet. We (or at least I) don't understand what you are trying to do. Give us the info and someone will have done the same thing and help you.

Watching HDTV while "roasting" under clear, hot Seattle skies, Gill

Media Center works just fine with Voom. Of course it will be in SD, since MCE will not record HD from any cable or sattelite, just OTA. The quality of the SD MCE recordings from Voom is actually better than what I used ot get from my old Dish DVR, although this is due to the fact that the Voom channels are cleaner than Dish.

The guide for the Voom channels is also fine, but it will not list the OTA channels for your area.

roachxp said:
There is a reg edit over at TGB that would let you add the OTA guide date also.

Thank you for all the replies. Now what does this mean in english? "TGB" :no

TGB = thegreenbutton.com which is the best source for media center information that I ever found when I used mine. The other statements above are correct, it will work fine with V* but will be at standard definition due to the limitations of the media center operating system.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts