Voom with Tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Choochie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
Indpls, In.
CAn anyone that was with DirecTv an switched to Voom diirect me to the proper link on on to intigrate my Tivo's with the Voom receiver...

Choochie Eastsider

Choochie said:
CAn anyone that was with DirecTv an switched to Voom diirect me to the proper link on on to intigrate my Tivo's with the Voom receiver...

Choochie Eastsider

I have both D* and V*. Just choose VOOM as your sat provider on the Tivo set-up screen. There is only one receiver type that you will be allowed to choose and one channel changin option. If you have OTA, plug it in and you will get locals as well.

Choochie said:

Choochie Eastsider

The question remains, how do you use the Tivo to record Voom content?

But slacker, what fun would that be?
It is seems to be much more satisfying for some to come to a DirecTV forum and proudly explain how they have switched to VOOM.

slacker9876 said:
You know, I find it very frustrating when people ask questions and then "deny" the answer. It does have an installation screen right? Go there.

Tivo believe it or not also has a website. Amazing enough this website provides installation assistance for SA units. If you go there and search for Voom, this is what you will get.

I am sorry to be such a smart ass, but did you even look before you asked? I know if you called Tivo they would have gladly directed you here, if not walked you through it live on the phone.
Although your input is appreicated, yes your being a smart ass, thus my request that you refrain from responding to my posts

Is there a IGNORE option to this BB for i see the need to use it

fredfa said:
But slacker, what fun would that be?
It is seems to be much more satisfying for some to come to a DirecTV forum and proudly explain how they have switched to VOOM.
An as far as you are concerned yes Voom sucks when compared to Tivo.
I asked a simple question and all I get in return are a bunch of smart-assed fools that think they > no-it-all responses

Based on what I see, you have DirecTV DVR's. Not stand-alone Tivo's. They will not work with Voom... or cable... Only D*

Although your input is appreicated, yes your being a smart ass, thus my request that you refrain from responding to my posts

HA! I have that guy on my ignore list, it is awesome, any post he makes comes up blank!

Slacker, you may very well become the most ignored person on here. I do not think it is coincidence, i think it is because you are a pain in the ass and no one likes dealing with you.

DOn't bother to respond I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT. HA HA.

Choochie said:

I will honor your request. You may feel free to look up your own answers ... oops you wont do that. That was why I answered in the first place.

Also I told you in your cross-post thread that your D* Tivo would not work :no

You must be brothers with ckudrna

Feel free to put me on ignore, that would put me on two lists in two days :p

Oops ... I think my Prozac scrip os running low, that is usually the only time this happens.

This message is hidden because slacker9876 is on your ignore list.

What did you say? I cannot hear you, It is like your mouth is moving but no words are coming out.

This is like a dream come true.

While I am not too sure what ckudrna thought he may be offering (he is my sole ignore) I would not trust the validity of any information he provides. If you look around you will see he does not offer much in the way of resolution, only in conflict.

Status
Please reply by conversation.