Voulme Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HatGuy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
My problem is low volume on NBC ch5 DFW. I have to turn the sound up so loud on AV Receiver. The other chanels are very loud when I change chanels.
Still have not seen a good explanation of Dolby Digital menu set up for the 622.

My problem is low volume on NBC ch5 DFW. I have to turn the sound up so loud on AV Receiver. The other chanels are very loud when I change chanels.
Still have not seen a good explanation of Dolby Digital menu set up for the 622.

If its an HD station, its a common and expected problem. The standard for DD dictates it to allow for more dynamic range.

If it is due to the channel transmitting in Dolby Digital, then the volume from that channel should be about the same as other DD channels. You could flip back and forth from it from another DD channel to see if that is the issue.

If it is DD, then the typical volume level is going to be about 6dB lower than a non-DD channel.

We do both CBS and NBC HD in our plant and set up the NBC HD equipment to NBC instructions. For the CBS rack, we did as CBS dictated. The CBS Station's off air audio jumps at you with excellent audio and high level. The NBC one is quiet and nothing like CBS. It sounds just like all the others in the market except for the CBS one, however. We do plan on changing the settings to match the CBS one, however.

The bottom line is probably that your NBC is set how the network wants it.

I live in Dallas as well and have the same problem with NBC. All of the rest of the channels come in fine but the volume for NBC is horrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts