Vshd/golfhd

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Starting 5/15-5/17 versushd/golfhd will be added on channel 717 to the io lineup.

Good for the hockey & golf fans. The channel is free for anyone to carry, as long as golf & versus are carried by the provider. No idea why it took CV so long to add the channel in the first place.

Sweet, to bad it'll be a month late. We have/will miss NHL playoff games in HD and the biggest golf tournament Golf Channel covers is on today and tomorrow. Anyway this is one channel I have been hoping for.

Anyone want to buy a Sony Bravia 32" HD Television for 50 dollars. It's worthless to me as my parents won't let me upgrade the television services. I think it's because they aren't that impressed with the television since they haven't seen true High Definition programming yet.

Also, my health is failing. It serves me right for being a jerk. 50 dollars gets you my worthless High Definition Television.

VSHD will be great for NHL in HD, I know I get pissed when the Rangers are on VS and I'm stuck with standard def. But, the playoffs are almost over and NBC has the cup finals.
I've seen Golf/VS HD at my friends who has Comcast and all I really ever seen on it was mostly standard def golf shows. I also think ESPN2 would be the better choice. They seem to have more HD content.
If we were ever able to get both I don't think anybody could come close to matching Cablevision in terms of HD sports.

No offense guys, but what a load of BS! Golf HD???? Versus HD? Whoever watches Golf is too old to see the difference between SDTV and HDTV. What a joke CV are...

Although I would take ESPN2HD over VS/GOLF HD any day out of the week, watching The Masters and this week the TPC at Sawgrass in HD is quite a treat.

No offense guys, but what a load of BS! Golf HD???? Versus HD? Whoever watches Golf is too old to see the difference between SDTV and HDTV. What a joke CV are...

I think it's a great addition. I'll watch more on this channel in HD in a month then I would watch on ESPN2HD in a year. And believe me, I know and can see the difference between HD and SD. To each his own.