VSHD and NGHD black Screen

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
If you are supposed to get these channels but for some reason get a black screen, you need to call cv. I have the family package and pay the 9.95 for IO. I was getting a black screen with no picture on both of these channels after they were added. I called CV and they sent a hit to the box but nothing happened. A service call was arranged and they came and try to troubleshoot the problem. First they tested the line outside the house and saw that there was a little drop in the signal at the DVR. They did this through the diagnostic screen they told me. They replaced the line and the signal was better but still no picture on 719 or 726. Then they decided to replace the HD DVR. They did and there was still no picture on 719 or 726. Just a black screen. They went up to the pole and found a fixed. They told me that for some reason these two channels were being blocked and I was the only one getting a signal from that pole.

The downsize of this is that I lost all the recordings from the DVR. No problem there since I was almost done watching everything.

Sean, I am really glad they got that fixed for you. Really sucks that you had to lose your dvr with your recordings. I guess it wasnt the same tech that swapped out the dvr that figured out that it was at the pole, which seems very strange as those are not scrambled at the pole.

I know this thread is a month old, but I have the same problem on my HDSA 8300. When CV added VSHD I was able to view the channel, no problems. In the last 2-weeks I only get a black screen on 719, all other HD networks are fine. At first I figured either it was a CV issue or the event was being blacked out at the times I went to that channel. The other night while channel surfing on the bedroom set (which has the HD SA4250) I noticed 719 was on. A quick check on the 8300 & still no 719 being displayed.

I am not a big viewer of the programming on 719 so not urgent, but I would like to get to the bottom of this. Looks like a call to CS is needed.

I know this thread is a month old, but I have the same problem on my HDSA 8300. When CV added VSHD I was able to view the channel, no problems. In the last 2-weeks I only get a black screen on 719, all other HD networks are fine. At first I figured either it was a CV issue or the event was being blacked out at the times I went to that channel. The other night while channel surfing on the bedroom set (which has the HD SA4250) I noticed 719 was on. A quick check on the 8300 & still no 719 being displayed.

I am not a big viewer of the programming on 719 so not urgent, but I would like to get to the bottom of this. Looks like a call to CS is needed.
I had that same problem w/ ESPNHD & all I did was reboot the STB (same 8300hd) & have not had any trouble since then:eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts