wa 129 signal low

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
We are traveling again and I have been see the 129 signal decrease over location. When we were in Cheyenne, WY its signal was in the 30 to 40 range. Next stop was Green River, UT and its signal was 25 to 30, then at Escalante State Park, Escalante, UT its signal dropped to below 20, now at Sand Hollow SP in Hurricane, UT is is around 12 to 15. At each stop the 110 and 119 were both in the 40 to 50 range and currently 110 is 42 and 119 is 39 but 129 is 14.

I have checked and rechecked the skew and is is correct for here is is 98.2 and at Escalante, UT is was 98.0. I recently purchased the new Applied Instruments meter with the Turbo-S2 module, sure has made things a LOT easier and am currently using the Hybrid LNB system on the 1000.2 dish. I have also replaced the cable from the LNB, the inline splice and the input cable to the unit.

Any ideas??

We are traveling again and I have been see the 129 signal decrease over location. When we were in Cheyenne, WY its signal was in the 30 to 40 range. Next stop was Green River, UT and its signal was 25 to 30, then at Escalante State Park, Escalante, UT its signal dropped to below 20, now at Sand Hollow SP in Hurricane, UT is is around 12 to 15. At each stop the 110 and 119 were both in the 40 to 50 range and currently 110 is 42 and 119 is 39 but 129 is 14.

I have checked and rechecked the skew and is is correct for here is is 98.2 and at Escalante, UT is was 98.0. I recently purchased the new Applied Instruments meter with the Turbo-S2 module, sure has made things a LOT easier and am currently using the Hybrid LNB system on the 1000.2 dish. I have also replaced the cable from the LNB, the inline splice and the input cable to the unit.

Any ideas??

Is that the signal at the dish on the meter or at the receiver?

both at the dish on the meter and on the receiver meter display. 110 and 119 on transponder 11 and 129 on transponder 21. I have the Hopper 2.

both at the dish on the meter and on the receiver meter display. 110 and 119 on transponder 11 and 129 on transponder 21. I have the Hopper 2.

If the signals are dropping at the dish with the meter connected directly to and powering the LNB then it's either something blocking the LOS, the dish is bent or somehow damaged or maybe the LNB is going bad.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It is at the dish with meter connected directly to the LNB. The dish has not been dropped or bent since Cheyenne, WY for sure. The dish is on a tripod and is broken down night before a move. The LNB and tripod is stored in one compartment and the reflector is in another so I doubt it is the dish however it maybe the LNB itself. I have another standard LNB I can try later tonight. It is 106 here now and just too hot for me to work on the dish.;)

It is at the dish with meter connected directly to the LNB. The dish has not been dropped or bent since Cheyenne, WY for sure. The dish is on a tripod and is broken down night before a move. The LNB and tripod is stored in one compartment and the reflector is in another so I doubt it is the dish however it maybe the LNB itself. I have another standard LNB I can try later tonight. It is 106 here now and just too hot for me to work on the dish.;)
106 is only at peak heating of the day usually around 4pm. 5-7am is usually cooler and about 7pm it is starting too cool off. A bent dish would be my first guess but look for problems at the dish.

Well we are now in Las Vegas, NV and yesterday it got to 110, need to head back north. I have checked the dish as best as I could and it appears to be ok, the mast is plumb, azimuth, elevation and skew are all peaked. 110 and 119 are 40 to 45 and 129 is 11 to 14. At this point I think it is the LNBF that is defective, we will be in Fallon, NV for 4 days so I will take the time to switch the LNBF to a standard and see what that brings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)