Waaahh! My obsolete equipment quit working!

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
942 receiver, L289MAED-N, not active on dish anymore, used to be a pretty good HD DVR for the OTA local channels at least. Not anymore.

I've got it connected with a separator to a DPP44 switch with inputs 1 and 2 coming from a dish500 with a DP Twin pointed at 119/110. A few months ago it would get guide data for some of the OTA local channels. But my LNBFs (it was formerly connected to a superdish with two DP duals) drifted and the even transponders quit working (my locals are on 110 TP12).

Now it just acts flaky even after replacing it with the dish500. Overnight guide update fails, and dish101 channel will disappear from the guide. A switch check will clear that up and download the guide but no locals data anymore. All the transponders seem to be working when I check them on the signal strength screen though.

Theory: since the purple card swap is complete, it can't properly pull the guide data for locals? No idea why channels just randomly disappear overnight though.

I've got no room to complain, it's a discontinued and unsupported device, but still would be nice to have it working.

Last edited:
LOL. this one was already upgraded and given to me for free by a kind member here, just trying to keep it in service doing "something" useful.

I already failed at reconfiguring the hard drive so it will spin up attached to a computer.

Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes

922 already installed, adding a 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)