Wacky and Crazy 811 Antics.

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
Oh those loony guys at Echostar...

I'm glad they have a sense of humor, keeping me guessing and doubting my senses. First they feed me this a few days ago:

wrong_info.jpg

Then they give me this one today:

wrong_info2.jpg

When will those zanies knock off the joking around and fix this?

That second one pissed me off a bit, I couldn't tune in ESPN, CH 140. I wasn't about to (risk) buy PTI for $3.99 either.

It's called revenue enhancement, charge you for something you've already paid for.

I did see things like that on my 811, doing a hard reset on the box downloaded the guide again and cleared up the problem for the moment.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but using the guide, I did a page down until it scrolled back to the channel that had the mislabeled information. The information would change to the correct information. But, if I went to the channel and hit info, I got the wrong info again.

Maybe this is what happens when you outsource your software development to the country with the lowest paid people (not necessarily engineers) in the world. Since the 6000 is still a buggy piece of s&!+, it appears that e* has long been a pioneer in this type of software underdevelopment.

My 6000 was showing wrong info last weekend. It had wrong info on hdnet and hdnet movies. It also showed a ppv on one of my local channels.

It's nice to know my 811 isn't the only one doing strange things with the guide. Mine also doesn't show the picture in the little window in the guide unless you leave the guide up for a few little while.

waja said:
<skip>
Maybe this is what happens when you outsource your software development to the country with the lowest paid people (not necessarily engineers) in the world. Since the 6000 is still a buggy piece of s&!+, it appears that e* has long been a pioneer in this type of software underdevelopment.

You can check the company by yourself - Eldon, UK. Pretty good country and the company working in the development around 20 years.

My Dish 6000 has done this once in the past and required a "soft" reset (is that the right one?) where I had to pull the card, with the unit on, and re-insert it after about 5 seconds. That fixed it. It has to do with the 8vsb module. The one time that happened, my wife had left the receiver on a local digital station all day (although the TV was off). Apparently the unit(s) (6000 & 811) have trouble with keeping the receiver going properly while it is receiving digital OTA and using the 8vsb circuitry.

Stacy

Here are some other quirks!

Go into the guide while in ALL SUB or other favorite mode. Press a channel number to skip to that channel. The Guide jumps to ALL CHANNELS.

Go into the guide with picture in guide. Wait a long time for the picture window to come on. Advance in time (only a little) to a future show and set up a view timer. When your through, your picture window will now be displaying the channel your viewing in real time but it will have the aquiring data overlay on top and it doesn't go away.

My favorite channel guide issue is the FREEZE.. Pull up guide then try moving between channels. All of a sudden it locks and no remote buttons work. If you push buttons on the receiver then channel movement works as well as the remote thaws...and begins to work till next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts