Wait time to transfer to EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
As people are talking about waiting some times between a recording and when it receives Auto-hop status, I've also noticed that some shows allow you to transfer them to your EHD almost immediately while others can take a week or longer before the DVR->Option->Manage Recordings will show the program(s) as transferable to an EHD.

It really doesn't have, to my knowledge, anything to do which network you recorded it from (ABC, NBC, TNT, etc). I had to wait about 2 weeks before the final two episodes of the series finale of God Friended Me to be EHD eligible and i just transferred them two days ago. Some pop up right away (Dog Whisperer and such) but I have one which was recorded on 5/17 (8 days ago) from NBC (Beverly Hills Dog Show) that shows it is Auto Hop enabled but does not show up on the list of recordings that can be transferred to the EHD.

This has been going on for quite a while now, and I can't attribute it to any specific release. And most every show, if I wanted it bad enough and waited long enough, eventually allowed me to transfer it to the EHD. Heck, I even have a standard old fashioned Channel Sign-off Test Pattern saved to my EHD.

So it seems to be program related not channel (OTA, Locals or national (TNT, TBS, BBCA, etc.) that somehow impose a transfer wait time limit. I'm rather sure if I wait another few days that the Dog Show will allow me to transfer it to the EHD. I've also noticed it happening with Concerts now that I think about it.

I'm just trying to keep my internal drive tidy and show only shows that we have not yet watched.

Has anyone else seen these types of programs that delay allowing themselves to be transferred?

Thanks in advance