Wall drops are extra...

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Dish is coming out to install this afternoon.

As I found out, wall drops are an extra $95. Our house is on a slab, no crawl space.

How do they put coax in a room? A drop from a ceiling would look tacky as hell. They can't use a wall because our house is built underground (green house), and the walls are 6" solid steel reinforced concrete.

You would need to run the cable around the outside of the house and drill through the wall. I use to live in a house like that and that's how mine was set up. I did manage to crawl in the attic and drop a cable down through one of the interior walls.

You can't drill through the wall. Not unless you want to dig down about 4 feet and drill through, not to mention water leakage. Our house is not entirely underground, the roof is above ground.

you can always hire an electrician to do it if you think what they are charging you is too much
or do it yourself, you can get fishtap at lowes or home depot

its well know this is not a standard install and costs extra

Well. I remember I have the protection plan, so it's only $15. Thing is, I don't have any cash right now, can they bill that to my account, or do I have to pay the techie?

Well. There is ONE coax in that room, being used for OTA. It cannot be disconnected because there are a few sub stations we can't get with dish. I wonder if dish still uses diplexers? That would work wonderfully and no wall drop needed.

Dish is coming out to install this afternoon.

As I found out, wall drops are an extra $95. Our house is on a slab, no crawl space.

How do they put coax in a room? A drop from a ceiling would look tacky as hell. They can't use a wall because our house is built underground (green house), and the walls are 6" solid steel reinforced concrete.

Since you already have Directv, why can't you use those feeds?

And since "DISH is the Clear Winner", they should make you happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)