Wally and 2 TV's

sweetsparkette

Original poster
Jul 26, 2017
Toledo
I have a new TV that will accept a HDMI input and I also have an older TV that will accept RCA input connection. Can I use one satellite box (Wally) to watch both TV's at same time? I understand they will be on same channel. The Wally has both a HDMI and RCA output. Thanks for the help.

I have a new TV that will accept a HDMI input and I also have an older TV that will accept RCA input connection. Can I use one satellite box (Wally) to watch both TV's at same time? I understand they will be on same channel. The Wally has both a HDMI and RCA output. Thanks for the help.

Just curious, why would you want to watch two TV's at once? Why not just pick the one with the best picture and watch it? I would get dizzy watching two TV's with the same program going.

Just curious, why would you want to watch two TV's at once? Why not just pick the one with the best picture and watch it? I would get dizzy watching two TV's with the same program going.

One TV is for ouside viewing (HDMI), other one is in bedroom. My husband likes to nap during the day watching same TV station he was watching outside. I would still be able to view outside while he's inside the coach.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You could also get a cheap HDMI splitter for about $12 and do it that way
Maybe the older TV does not have an HDMI input? Anyway, with my Wally, I do exactly what the OP is asking about, and it works great!

Maybe the older TV does not have an HDMI input? Anyway, with my Wally, I do exactly what the OP is asking about, and it works great!

True, if it's an older TV then HDMI might not be an option. It does work, though. I got a powered HDMI splitter at Menards and ran a 35 foot HDMI to my bedroom when I had the Wally and saved myself $7 a month in additional receiver fees ;)

Reactions: pattykay
Before we added a Joey to the Hopper w/Sling in our Adirondack cottage, I used an RF modulator connected to the Hopper's component (RCA) output to mirror to a second TV in the kitchen via an existing coax left from our cable days. The same setup should work with a Wally...

Just change your box to VIP222 , you will be able to watch two different channels on the 2 tvs , one HD and one SD for the same price like the wally.
That may be terrible advice for two reasons. First, what if the OP wants to add a hard drive to use the Wally as a DVR? The ViP222 does not have that option. Second, as far as I know, the ViP222 is no longer available directly from Dish unless you already have one, in which case they will send a replacement when necessary. So, the OP would have to purchase a ViP222 from a third-party. The OP did not mention wanting to watch two different shows at the same time. However, if the OP is not interested in DVR, and if they do want to watch two different shows at the same time, then I agree that the ViP222 is the best option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)