Wally and Dish Anywhere

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I have 2 Wally receivers, both of which have external hard drives connected. According to the Wally manual (excerpt attached), I should be able to manage my Wally receivers through the Dish Anywhere site, as well as schedule future recordings. However, neither receiver appears in Dish Anywhere. I had contacted the "Doctor Dish" department about this, and they say that only Hoppers have this functionality. However, the Wally manual clearly states that the receiver can be managed via Dish Anywhere.

I reached out to the Office of the President, and they responded back to me that the manual is an old version and the Dish Anywhere integration is not yet available.

He also said their techs are fully immersed with dealing with all of the programming guide issues created by the Rovi listings, and that the functionality is on the back burner.

Just wanted to make everyone aware, in case they expected remote scheduling capabilities like I did.
211W-Dish-Network-Wally-User-Guide   8.jpg

... I had contacted the "Doctor Dish" department about this, and they say that only Hoppers have this functionality. ...

I recently (last couple of months) switched to the Hopper 3, but before that I had VIP722Ks. It was a little flaky, but I would able to check/delete/create timers using Dish Anywhere.

I recently (last couple of months) switched to the Hopper 3, but before that I had VIP722Ks. It was a little flaky, but I would able to check/delete/create timers using Dish Anywhere.

Apparently, the distinction is that the 722 is a DVR by nature, wheras the Wally isn't. The Wally is capable of utilizing remote scheduling, but the feature was never enabled. Dish printed a bunch of manuals early on that mis-stated this. Now it's been relegated to a future feature integration.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)