Wally Dual OTA Dongle

Yragha

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 24, 2006
So... I'm on the Wally, is this so-called dual tuner for OTA ever going to work? Haven't heard much the past months and it was "promised" in May.

Reactions: pattykay
boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
So... I'm on the Wally, is this so-called dual tuner for OTA ever going to work? Haven't heard much the past months and it was "promised" in May.
It has been available for months, Wally is only a single tuner so far, and they all seem to run hot.

Jim5506

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
My Joey 1 runs so hot I have a small computer case fan blowing on it all the time, if not - it is to hot to touch.

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
And this is supposed to be normal?

Can’t imagine so. If Charlie’s OTA dongle burns my house down, I’ll post my lawsuit filing here ;)

Yep, it's normal. Keep in mind that Dish did not sell you that OTA dongle. It's not Charlie's dongle, so to speak. Next, 127F is not so hot as to cause a fire. Think about it, as ChadT41 mentioned a while back on this issue, it gets really hot in the sun all over the country and you don't get spontaneous combustion.

HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Yep, it's normal. Keep in mind that Dish did not sell you that OTA dongle. It's not Charlie's dongle, so to speak. Next, 127F is not so hot as to cause a fire. Think about it, as ChadT41 mentioned a while back on this issue, it gets really hot in the sun all over the country and you don't get spontaneous combustion.

It doesn’t get to 127 very often. 127 F On a computer CPU and goodby CPU eventually

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I would never have expected this much interest and discussion on here about Charlie's "dongle" o_O
Which, of course, is alternative facts. Charlie didn't sell it although it just happens to work on some of his equipment...

charlesrshell

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I knew that and enjoyed your humor. I just wanted to ensure that people understand that they bought something that Dish didn't sell, or even support...
I thought I saw the Dual OTA Adapter one time in the on line mydish Order from Store section.

Reactions: pattykay