Wally Frustrations

Kountryguy

Original poster
Apr 19, 2021
Emery, SD
Just started with Dish, using a Wally receiver and a Tailgater, in my RV. Everyday the receiver resets and the entire system shuts down and restarts. Following the restart, it takes about 5 minutes to realign the dish, another 5 minutes to reset the guide. Then after setting a channel to watch, several minutes later, I am able to use the guide for programs that are currently on. If I want to for search programming later in the day, I must wait for another 5 minutes for that to download. All said and done, it takes about 20 minutes everyday to do this. It will not do this without clicking prompts. Is there any way around this? It is very annoying.

Sounds like you're losing power to the receiver when it resets..I had a tailgater yrs ago and a wally that didn't give me any problems unless sometimes I would overload the electric just enough to cause a surge and make it reset.That happened with the electric heaters running

Reactions: TheKrell
Maybe try setting the update time for middle of the night when your sleeping and see what happens.. At least if it has to completely reset everything it would be when you are asleep..It didn't take me long to decide to buy a good tripod and 1000.2 dish and get ride of the tailgater..There are several people that have issue with tailgater on the RV fourm's.. just not very good reception and slow when changing channels because of the moving satelltes..

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
Wally's are one of the worst receivers from a software / stability standpoint I have seen in 20 years. They can be a nightmare in commercial environments...

Try turning of the sleep option, probably won't help though.

It shouldn't be looking for the satellites again unless the dish has moved, it should remember the last settings.

Reactions: pattykay