Wally + OTA dongle issue

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Tech just left and I'm scanning or trying to at least scan for locals but every single time the channel scan finishes the Wally automatically and abruptly reboots not giving me a chance to hit save.

What could be the issue? Defective Wally or something else. Got to have my digital subchannels and I'm at a loss. I've tried unplugging the Dongle and using a different USB but same thing.

Your help would be appreciated.

Cause he was an idiot. I hooked up the OTA cause he said he never seen one before and on top of that didn't know what I was talking about when I said 722K OTA module was what I had in the past. Need I say more. Another tech is coming out in the morning with a new box. It finds 140 channels therefore I doubt it's the Dongle.

Cause he was an idiot. I hooked up the OTA cause he said he never seen one before and on top of that didn't know what I was talking about when I said 722K OTA module was what I had in the past. Need I say more. Another tech is coming out in the morning with a new box. It finds 140 channels therefore I doubt it's the Dongle.

Have you turned the Wally off and let it download the latest software, if it hasn't already?

I'll give that a try overnight. I just tend to think it's the Wally cause I've scanned for locals 8 times and every time I try and hit save when it's done but 8x it's rebooted itself and nothing is saved. Very annoying.

Since the Wally is based on the Hopper software, I wonder if it is prone to the same jitters the first few days after installed like the Hoppers are. Generally, a Hopper takes a couple days to "settle in" and can act strange during those first few days, some functions not work properly, etc.

Reactions: Yragha
New box, same issues.

Next gonna try another Wally then...

If no success guess I'll wait til a software update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts