This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Wally Questions

WB0JFC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I have some questions about the Wall.

1) Does the Wally have the same UI as the Hopper 3?

2) Can I connect a Wally where I currently have a VIP 211K installed?

3) Will Dish allow two Wallys on the same account with a Hopper 3?

4) The Dish website indicates that the Wally supports DishAnywhere, is this true.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes a wally is basically a 211 with the new hopper ui and it will work with your current setup and I'm pretty sure you can have 2 wally on that same account just like you could with 211's the only thing I'm sure of is dish anywhere

I believe DA does work with a Wally. I mean, I don't see any reason why iot wouldn't. Same UI, same features, minus DVR without an EHD. I'll post the question on the tech forum for you

Wally does not have a Sling Adapter, built in or available. DishAnywhere is not available on a Wally. The CUI has nothing to do with it. It was no different with the 211 with the old CUI....

Reactions: HipKat
Yes a wally is basically a 211 with the new hopper ui and it will work with your current setup and I'm pretty sure you can have 2 wally on that same account just like you could with 211's the only thing I'm sure of is dish anywhere
Thanks for the response. I am eventually going to an H3 system and was planning on a couple of 211s for backup to the H3 and for use in our camper. Got to thinking about the Wallys and thought that might be better than the 211s.

Reactions: pattykay
Wally does not have a Sling Adapter, built in or available. DishAnywhere is not available on a Wally. The CUI has nothing to do with it. It was no different with the 211 with the old CUI....
I have a sling adapter on my current 722K. Don't suppose that would work on a Wally?

I'm using a 211z with EHD in my RV, I bought it because no one has definitively shown that the original issue with the wally needing all 3 sats in view to work has been resolved. We have a $45 Amazon Fire tablet, and I have DishAnywhere running on it. I don't stream video to it because of my limited data plan, but I do use it to set up my home H3 to record programs that will air before I get home. A cheap tablet might be a multi-use option for you. The Wally (vs 211z) has an RF remote and it's much easier to turn CC on and off.

Reactions: pattykay
I have a sling adapter on my current 722K. Don't suppose that would work on a Wally?
Doubtful any single tuner receiver will ever get sling.

That would interrupt local viewing since the second tuner on 722 is used for sling.

Reactions: Elsguy
Wally doesn't have *any* compatibility with dish anywhere. None. I can confirm this as a former Wally user. You can't even use remote scheduling. Early manuals stated the Wally would work with Dish Anywhere, then Dish removed mention of it in subsequent manuals.