Wally Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WB0JFC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I have some questions about the Wall.

1) Does the Wally have the same UI as the Hopper 3?

2) Can I connect a Wally where I currently have a VIP 211K installed?

3) Will Dish allow two Wallys on the same account with a Hopper 3?

4) The Dish website indicates that the Wally supports DishAnywhere, is this true.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I have some questions about the Wall.

1) Does the Wally have the same UI as the Hopper 3?

2) Can I connect a Wally where I currently have a VIP 211K installed?

3) Will Dish allow two Wallys on the same account with a Hopper 3?

4) The Dish website indicates that the Wally supports DishAnywhere, is this true.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Yes a wally is basically a 211 with the new hopper ui and it will work with your current setup and I'm pretty sure you can have 2 wally on that same account just like you could with 211's the only thing I'm sure of is dish anywhere

I believe DA does work with a Wally. I mean, I don't see any reason why iot wouldn't. Same UI, same features, minus DVR without an EHD. I'll post the question on the tech forum for you

Wally does not have a Sling Adapter, built in or available. DishAnywhere is not available on a Wally. The CUI has nothing to do with it. It was no different with the 211 with the old CUI....

Reactions: HipKat
Yes a wally is basically a 211 with the new hopper ui and it will work with your current setup and I'm pretty sure you can have 2 wally on that same account just like you could with 211's the only thing I'm sure of is dish anywhere
Thanks for the response. I am eventually going to an H3 system and was planning on a couple of 211s for backup to the H3 and for use in our camper. Got to thinking about the Wallys and thought that might be better than the 211s.

Reactions: pattykay
Wally does not have a Sling Adapter, built in or available. DishAnywhere is not available on a Wally. The CUI has nothing to do with it. It was no different with the 211 with the old CUI....
I have a sling adapter on my current 722K. Don't suppose that would work on a Wally?

I'm using a 211z with EHD in my RV, I bought it because no one has definitively shown that the original issue with the wally needing all 3 sats in view to work has been resolved. We have a $45 Amazon Fire tablet, and I have DishAnywhere running on it. I don't stream video to it because of my limited data plan, but I do use it to set up my home H3 to record programs that will air before I get home. A cheap tablet might be a multi-use option for you. The Wally (vs 211z) has an RF remote and it's much easier to turn CC on and off.

Reactions: pattykay
I have a sling adapter on my current 722K. Don't suppose that would work on a Wally?
Doubtful any single tuner receiver will ever get sling.

That would interrupt local viewing since the second tuner on 722 is used for sling.

Reactions: Elsguy
Wally doesn't have *any* compatibility with dish anywhere. None. I can confirm this as a former Wally user. You can't even use remote scheduling. Early manuals stated the Wally would work with Dish Anywhere, then Dish removed mention of it in subsequent manuals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)