Wally usb port issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pghwireman

Original poster
Jun 23, 2022
Near Pittsburgh, PA
I have 2 Wally's installed in my RV. Both recently received a software update after which the usb ports are no longer available. As a result my wifi adapters are useless. When I go to the diagnostic page, select network; network details the usb ports are no longer listed - just the ethernet port. I contacted Dish tech support and the person I spoke to said that most likely something is wrong with my wallys. I asked if the software update could have blocked the port unintentionally and he couldn't answer saying I was the first one to complain. I told him seems odd that before I went to bed I had usb functionality, wake up in the morning and the voice remote isn't working only to find the receivers were updated overnight. The CSR person suggested that I do a factory reset on the wallys. I did that on one of them - no luck.
I believe the software update may have deleted the ports inadvertently.
Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to make the usb ports active again?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
What software version are you running? Ill go ahead and pull my Wally out of storage and try the ports after taking an update.

Well, I force upgraded my Wally through recovery mode from W507 to W520 and both my Wi-Fi adapter and OTA tuner got picked up fine after the update. Tried un-plugging and re-plugging both for good measure as well. So probably not software if you are also on W520 (unless there is multiple hardware revisions of the Wally that use different USB controllers?).

Well, I force upgraded my Wally through recovery mode from W507 to W520 and both my Wi-Fi adapter and OTA tuner got picked up fine after the update. Tried un-plugging and re-plugging both for good measure as well. So probably not software if you are also on W520 (unless there is multiple hardware revisions of the Wally that use different USB controllers?).

I have 2 Wally's installed in my RV. Both recently received a software update after which the usb ports are no longer available. As a result my wifi adapters are useless. When I go to the diagnostic page, select network; network details the usb ports are no longer listed - just the ethernet port. I contacted Dish tech support and the person I spoke to said that most likely something is wrong with my wallys. I asked if the software update could have blocked the port unintentionally and he couldn't answer saying I was the first one to complain. I told him seems odd that before I went to bed I had usb functionality, wake up in the morning and the voice remote isn't working only to find the receivers were updated overnight. The CSR person suggested that I do a factory reset on the wallys. I did that on one of them - no luck.
I believe the software update may have deleted the ports inadvertently.
Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to make the usb ports active again full face helmets for mtb bike?
I am also having the same issue.

• Sad
I selected an update of on one of my receivers but it didn't update to W520. Still on W518. Maybe the next time I try to update the software the usb ports will be available if the update downloads.
My wireless WiFi router has an ethernet port so I connected a patch cord to the wally and did get a internet connection. It's just not practical to run Cat5 cabling to each receiver in the RV.
Dish tech support insists that the Wally's are defective. How can that be? They still work, have all the functionality except for being able to connect to the internet via the usb port. It's unfortunate and frustrating that tech support reads off of a script to provide answers instead of working the problem to gain a solution. The last contact I had with them they stated that I was the only customer to complain regarding update W518.
Should anything change I'll be sure to post an update.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I selected an update of on one of my receivers but it didn't update to W520. Still on W518. Maybe the next time I try to update the software the usb ports will be available if the update downloads.
My wireless WiFi router has an ethernet port so I connected a patch cord to the wally and did get a internet connection. It's just not practical to run Cat5 cabling to each receiver in the RV.
Dish tech support insists that the Wally's are defective. How can that be? They still work, have all the functionality except for being able to connect to the internet via the usb port. It's unfortunate and frustrating that tech support reads off of a script to provide answers instead of working the problem to gain a solution. The last contact I had with them they stated that I was the only customer to complain regarding update W518.
Should anything change I'll be sure to post an update.
What type of portable dish are you running? Is it a trav'ler by chance? If not, do you have home service or otherwise access to a regular satellite dish? Reason I'm asking is because you can force an update with recovery mode (Holding Power + Channel Up, once you see the starting up screen let go of Power but keep Ch Up until you see the recovery screen). Keep in mind this will not work on portable dish systems other then the trav'ler, so if you are on a tailgater/playmaker etc. then it wont work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)