Wally won’t work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scoob83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
CT
Trying to remotely help my parents get their Wally working in their camper that has been unplugged for 2 years. It’s hooked directly to the dish. Western arc. Strong signal on all satellites and transponders. We’ve rebooted and done multiple check switches. However we can’t get it to watch live TV. The program guide even downloaded current data. I have sent a signal to the receiver multiple times.

When trying to watch a live channel, every channel displays this message: Subscription channel available for upgrade without a call. If you click it, it then looks for an internet connection.

Thoughts? What am I missing to get this to work for them?

If they don't have an internet connection they will have to call in to get the Wally reactivated. After 2 years of inactivity it has fallen behind on updates and is probably not active.

Yes! This is exactly what happened. Sending a signal to wake up the receiver from the website on my own didn’t work. We also had to update the software. Once we did all that it worked. Dish tech support was truly amazing about it (and American based!). Everything is working now!

Yes! This is exactly what happened. Sending a signal to wake up the receiver from the website on my own didn’t work. We also had to update the software. Once we did all that it worked. Dish tech support was truly amazing about it (and American based!). Everything is working now!

Woohoo! Yes that initial setup and update is quite a doozy.
Glad to see that they have everything working.

I was told if it's not used in 28 days they turn off the receiver----happened to me! What I don't get is, they turn it off yet they still charge me for it? That's simply BS.

I was told if it's not used in 28 days they turn off the receiver----happened to me! What I don't get is, they turn it off yet they still charge me for it? That's simply BS.

If you don't have it connected to the internet, they have no idea you aren't using it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)