walmart blackfriday flier is out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Ok for those that want it the walmart blackfriday add is out, theres some decent deals in it so far specialy on polaroid lcd tv's and a magnavox upconverting dvd player but so far no good deals on laptops like in recent years.

Xbox 360 arcade for 279.92, rockband special edition both platforms 169.92,
Nintendo ds lite holiday bundle 149.87, guitar hero dual pack 39.82,

You can find more info at walmart.com

Be careful! The BF ad (the printed one I got yesterday; I haven't looked at the online version) doesn't say what model the Polaroid 1080P LCD is (in fact, it says "models may vary" or some such thing.) When I look for a Polaroid 1080P LCD in their current stock, there's only one model. It's rated 1 out of 5 stars and 5 out of 5 reviewers say their set died within months!

I had a Polaroid DVD player and it died within 6 months. I also have a Polaroid LCD picture frame and it works but the picture gets messed up alot and it needs to be restarted. Not a brand I trust at all.

The ad has a Garmin StreetWise C330 for $128. I just used a Nuvi on a trip, and it saved my butt more than one time; might get the streetwise. Not as fancy as the Nuvi, but a great price.

When I look for a Polaroid 1080P LCD in their current stock, there's only one model.
Their website and their stores have NOTHING in common when it comes to what's stocked. Well, I should re-phrase that: They might have the same item in both places but you'll find things in their stores that aren't available online and things online that aren't available in stores. They don't price-match themselves either if they happen to have the item in both places. You gotta hoof it to the store and scope out what Polaroid models they've got in stock.

The ad has a Garmin StreetWise C330 for $128.
What's the "Streetwise" ? Never heard of it... I've heard of the "StreetPilot" and Nuvi though. My parents just bought a StreetPilot C340 and the best price I found was at Amazon for around $275.

I'm thinking this is a budget, low-end model, especially at that price, Black Friday pricing or not !

I dont think any company that has a brick store front and an online store has acurate inventory information because its impossible to have this. Working in a million square foot warehouse I can list reasons why you will never be able to have an acurate warehouse inventory:

Human error, this can include keying in the wrong upc number or reserve slot location wich can mean the loss of a couple hundred to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Carelessness by the person(s) handling the product picking to much or not enough of the product to be shipped or dropping the product and either damaging it or failing to return it to its proper location resulting in a loss either way.

Product dropping off the shipping pallet also leads to incorrect inventory.

Equipment error such as faulty scanning devices and computers that dont read the scan information correctly.

Seen them all and the second is the biggest reason for this followed by the first and third reason. At my location just in the department I work in theres an average of $1k - $1.5k damage in a three day period and some times it's more.

Stay away from the peice of junk Wal-Mart electronics and you will be alright. Seems like everything electronic I ever buy there goes to crap.

Be careful! The BF ad (the printed one I got yesterday; I haven't looked at the online version) doesn't say what model the Polaroid 1080P LCD is (in fact, it says "models may vary" or some such thing.) When I look for a Polaroid 1080P LCD in their current stock, there's only one model. It's rated 1 out of 5 stars and 5 out of 5 reviewers say their set died within months!

I did a service call yesterday where the customer thought that their Dish receiver was going bad, it turned out when I got there that is was the Polaroid tv.

Stay away from the peice of junk Wal-Mart electronics...
Walmart sells name-brand electronics, as well as off-brands. Do you think that the name-brand stuff they sell is crippled or something so that it breaks quicker than if you bought the same model at Best Buy or somewhere ?

Well Hall keep in mind that walmart does push its suppliers for the lowest cost so it does factor into Stars statement, I really wouldnt be surprised if the manufacturers dont have a walmart specific line that gets grade B parts.

If it's Walmart-specific, the part # or model # will indicate that. I have seen it with part numbers like "DVD-123wm" instead of "DVD-123" in other stores. I don't believe for a second that that means "lower quality" units or "grade B" parts. Fact is, other stores do this too. It's done to defeat price-matching. That unique part # is only on the *box*, not the actual device. I've seen it with Target and ToysRUs myself.

Follow-up:

We ran into this when we were looking for an infant car seat. I found a few models we liked, so we went shopping... Target had the same Cosco, for example, car seat as Walmart but the price was $10-20 different. The one at Target may have had a "T" on the end of the model, while the Walmart one had a "WM" or similar.

Look at this, Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat, Blueberry - Wal-Mart. Note the model number, 22-209-WAL. Go to Cosco's website and search for "22-209-WAL" and you probably won't find it.

Ive been told in the past and more than once that Wal-Marty will have "seconds" on their shelves. I believe they get "special deals" on certain televisions and electronics in their stores and instead of giving a big discount to the consumer they make more money off of the item and offer a small discount if any. It just seems to me that many of their products are of low quality.

Ive been told in the past and more than once that Wal-Marty will have "seconds" on their shelves. I believe they get "special deals" on certain televisions and electronics in their stores and instead of giving a big discount to the consumer they make more money off of the item and offer a small discount if any. It just seems to me that many of their products are of low quality.

also you will notice that the vizo they care are of lower quality than the ones @ sams,Cosco,Bj's !

also you will notice that the vizo they care are of lower quality than the ones @ sams,Cosco,Bj's !
Oh how I know, I'm still raving about the vizio I got from sams back in june.

Since sams is the same company as walmart do they do the same thing?
No they dont, theres not much at sams that I would consider to be walmart cheap though some things are just like walmart in that they'r out of date so to speak. None of the hd tv's at the nearby walmarts here are higher than 720p while sams has the 1080 series and the vizio's have a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)