Want E locals only - How?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

curlers

Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
I've been reading awhile. There is a lot of good info. I currently have Dish. I want to go with the locals only. First, csr couldn't help. Called tech and they said I can't because my 322 is leased. I don't pay a lease fee. Called csr back and asked for a copy of the agreement. CSR said its definitely leased and they can't provide a copy of the agreement.

Does anyone know if this information is accurate? If so, where can I buy a dish receiver just for locals? I have OTA and just got Samsung SIR-T451 but only get 3 channels.

Thank you in advance.

If your receiver is leased you have to maintain an AT package subscription during the length of the lease agreement. You should have signed paperwork from when the system was installed.

My zip is 34431. Its a winegard PR-7042, with a rotor and preamp but the setup I'm not sure. The towers range in distance from 20 to 70 miles.

Also, as I found out first on Sky Angel website, Dish does offer locals for $5.99. I learned here that there are other ala carte stations. There is a $6.00 access fee. Combine that with the PI channels and that would be a better package than the Family Package I just got last week after having the AT120 for over a year.

I was wondering the way to get the Dish locals, even if I have to buy a dish receiver so I own it. Not one of the new one that record. Just something simple. Where do I buy one?

I am Just getting the Locals also at $10.99 a month with DISHTV...
No need to buy a package if you only want Major Market locals like NYC,Philly L.A. Ect....
But with DIRECTV you will need to buy a package to get the locals......JT

Iceberg said:
just buy a receiver and you can subscribe to just locals. I did it for 2 years (owned my recievers).
Remember he is leasing all his equipment from DISH and may have an 18 month to a 2year contract with them. If he cancels he may have to return more than he wants.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)