Want to add a 3800 to 500 dish alongside a 508

dennisinsc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Upstate SC
I want to add a 3800 to my system with a twin 500 Lnb and a 508 DVR. When I hook the 3800 up it only gets 119, yet the 508 gets both 110 and 119. Any thoughts on why the 3800 is limited? When it was installed at Ma-in-law's it worked fine, but it has been parked for a couple of years.

i'm guessin your dish has a Dish Pro lnb on it... the 3800 is a legacy receiver. You will need a DishPro Adapter for the 3800 to work.

Don't think so. Lnb does not have the Dish Pro emblem. Also went to Ma-in-law's house and hooked back up to original dish and cable and still only finds 119. Beginning to think it's the receiver.

You may just want to keep the 3800 hooked up overnight until you get the software updated. It probably won't make difference, but it might work better after it's updated.

How old is the receiver? Does it have the new 3900 firmware or is it still the old 2700 style firmware?

If it has the 3900 firmware then leave it hooked up to the dish and let it upgrade to the latest software version.

If it still have the old 3800 style firmware then you are screwed because dish isn't sending the upgrade software anymore. You'll need to replace the receiver with dish to fix it. ( I went through this senario last year).

It's 6-8 years old, don't recall exactly. Software 3900 upgraded. P352CLB-N

I'll leave it hooked up and on overnight and see what happens.

Success. Leaving it on for upgrade didn't help any. Apparently was already up to grade. Somewhere in the forum I had read about disconnecting the cable and running switch test to "clear the matrix." Don't remember who suggested it to whom, but it worked and my thanks to whomever it was. After running the test the choices were to retain previous setting or keep the new. Of course I took the new. Receiver then re-acguired the satellite and had both 110 and 119.

Thanks to all. Now I can watch the Braves in the Gazebo while my DVR records our other viewing favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)