Want to add HD what will work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bteddy

Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Florida Panhandle
Hi I am in the Florida panhandle on the coast near Panama City I have a super dish picking up 110 119 105 with 2 dish 311 receivers, I just bought a Sony lcd tv & want to add HD, it looks like I need a vip 211 or 222 & a dish 1000.2 , I've been reading about the different combinations & the big question is about the dish 1000.4 working with the 311 receivers & the programming on the different sats. thanks for any help & happy new year.
Bob

Hi I am in the Florida panhandle on the coast near Panama City I have a super dish picking up 110 119 105 with 2 dish 311 receivers, I just bought a Sony lcd tv & want to add HD, it looks like I need a vip 211 or 222 & a dish 1000.2 , I've been reading about the different combinations & the big question is about the dish 1000.4 working with the 311 receivers & the programming on the different sats. thanks for any help & happy new year.
Bob

Well the 1000.4 will work with the 211s obviously however it will not work with the 311s. The receivers will be able to see the LNBF but they won't be able to decode the programming. All of the programming on the Eastern Arc setup is MPEG4 only which the 311 can not decode. Your best bet if you want to continue to use the 311 receivers is to get a 1000.2 Dish and hook your receivers into it and subscribe to whichever HD programming package you want.

Thanks for the reply thats what it looked like to me but I keep reading about the 129 dying & a replacement in the works so I was checking to see what my options are short & long term, If the 129 is going to be viable for HD for a while that works best for me.
cheers Bob

Ceil 2 has been launched and is in the testing phases now for placement in the 129 slot. People on this board are suspecting that it could start take some of the load off of the old existing satellite at 129 as soon as mid-January.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)