Want to drop 2nd rcvr - How to connect rcvr1 to tv2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

directcj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Help!
I want to disconnect one of my receivers - 622 I think. I have 2 tv's connected to it - we'll call them tv2 & tv3. TV3 is an old analog upstairs which we rarely use. I now want to hook up tv2 (which is downstairs in the den) to my 722 while tv3 goes to salvation army. The 722 is downstairs and connected to only 1 tv.

I called Dish and they told me I'd get charged 49.99 one time to connect the tv connected to the old 622 rcvr - blasphemy. So.... here I am. Maybe it's something that is DIY?

Help!
I want to disconnect one of my receivers - 622 I think. I have 2 tv's connected to it - we'll call them tv2 & tv3. TV3 is an old analog upstairs which we rarely use. I now want to hook up tv2 (which is downstairs in the den) to my 722 while tv3 goes to salvation army. The 722 is downstairs and connected to only 1 tv.

I called Dish and they told me I'd get charged 49.99 one time to connect the tv connected to the old 622 rcvr - blasphemy. So.... here I am. Maybe it's something that is DIY?

Simple. Unhook TV 2 and 3 from the 622. De-active the 622. get rid of tv 3. Then take the TV 2 and hook it into the "TV2" output of the 722. Now put your 722 in "dual" mode by pressing the MODE button on the front panel of the 722. Simple, your done. No extra charges as long as YOU do the work. The one time charge they tried to hit you with was prably for a tech to come out and do it for you.

Well, might not be that simple if diplexers were used. That's a second little box in-line with the antenna wire.

Let us know if sdschramm's plan doesn't work.

House is relatively new construction and it does have a home-distribution box by Leviton. Hopefully it will be as simple as sdschramm says it is. If there is a diplexer where will I see it?

One will be behind the box, in-line with the antenna wire. Its three terminals are usually labelled In/Out, Sat, and UHF/VHF. The other diplexer will probably be inside your network center.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts