Want to know when D* is launching the new HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I had to guess, I would have to say that the new channels will go live at 6AM on the 20th. I have been reading these posts and I have a gut feeling that this will be the day. Keep fingers crossed.

For some reason, I agree with you. I don't know why, but it just seems like it. Channel 499 changes at that time to a different message. I believe they were updating my system tonight, I got a lot of please wait messages. Maybe that is why there was statement from D about the delay. Who knows. We shall see.

I went forward in the guide a few hours on the B Band Converter test channel (499) and the name of the channel switches on September 20 at 3:00AM PST to "B Band Converter Failure Channel". Thought this was interesting....

also says to tune to channel 498 if you see "searching for satellite" message. just wondering why?

Oops, I meant to type "NO Statement". If it is only going to be a one day delay, then they probably wouldn't care to make a statement. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I need to get some sleep.

yeah same here.498 done disappeared And they have yet to replace it with something the bbc failure channel says to turn to 498

Boy it sounds like when DTV says "by the end of September" they mean Sept. 30th.

Between all the hype of new channels without any showing and the charge for an HD DVR maybe I should that Tfoss's suggestion and go with DishNetwork.

Just called D* yet again, I know I have no life, and their trusted CSR's told me that we should see HD channels by Sunday morning. Just thought I'd share this info. Personally I am not holding my breathe

Just called D* yet again, I know I have no life, and their trusted CSR's told me that we should see HD channels by Sunday morning. Just thought I'd share this info. Personally I am not holding my breathe

I was told the same.

Good move

since on Thursday when I was talking to a CSR - he told me they were already on. :)

He did go back and check (as we was working on some other issues for me) and confirmed some technical issues delayed it - his words: soon

i called in and the CSR said that he heard of no new channels coming until next year at the earliest.

sound like he was in india

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)