Want to move my dish off the roof... how and how much?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leejp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
2 years ago when I had my dish installed, there were some trees in the way so roof mount was my only option. I've had these trees cut down so I now have a clear shot from the ground (which is what I prefer). I am upgrading to HDTV service shortly and will require a new dish to be added. I'd like to have the service tech at the time to move my existing dish off the roof and onto a post on the ground and add the new dish to it. Has anyone done this? How should I go about scheduling the service and how much can I expect to pay?

tech cant install the post it has to be marked for utility's, so you put the post in. or call dish schedule appointment let them know to note the work order for post install . then call utility marking company and have them mark it 1 day before dish appointment if it is longer then 72 hours tech wont install it.

A couple of years ago most SuperDish installs were pole-mounted in the ground and I NEVER heard of them having to call to verify underground utility locations.

The price of an existing customer install, unless the policy has changed in the last 60 days, is $99. This is what you would need to have the dish network move the dish.

hall said:
A couple of years ago most SuperDish installs were pole-mounted in the ground and I NEVER heard of them having to call to verify underground utility locations.

I think Volkodav thought post meant "utility pole" or "contact pole"

And from what I remember, it is $99 to have a dish moved.

what i meant in MN it is state law before you dig you have to have it marked. In MN we use gopher one. if it is not marked we don't dig simple as that, if we have to put post in ( wood post metal pole) we put on temp mount call gopher one and come back day or two later after it is marked

You always want to call your utility companies to have them mark the lines before you dig the pole. The reason is that if you hit a gas, water, or electrical line, the technician will be responsible for the damages. So it's safe to call first though many installers know which areas are usually clear of such things.

Me neither. I've seen and dealt with a few cable company lines that were only a few inches down in the ground, tho. As a general rule, if I know there are buried utilities involved, I try to avoid the imaginary "line" from transformer to home. Common sense...if you know you have potential probs in the ground, don't plant a pole

webbydude said:
Me neither. I've seen and dealt with a few cable company lines that were only a few inches down in the ground, tho. As a general rule, if I know there are buried utilities involved, I try to avoid the imaginary "line" from transformer to home. Common sense...if you know you have potential probs in the ground, don't plant a pole

It's NOT always a straight line. I've seen really wide curves. It's wat the trencher operator feels like doing at the moment.

Unless it's my own yard, I call.

bronzey214 said:
The new price for an existing customer installation is $50.

There had been talk of change for a while. I guess things did change between the time I quit and now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts