Losing local channels on 148 during afternoon only

rsprec1

Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Abilene, Texas
I've been losing my local channels in the afternoon from around 12 noon to about 7 PM for the last four or five days. I have two Dish 500, One for 119/110 and one for 148 feeding a 522 DVR and two 311 receivers. I have done some troubleshooting and found out that this happens on all three receivers, but only when I go to channels that use 119/110, then try to go back to my local channels on 148 and can't get a signal. Everthing works fine in the morning before noon and in the evening after 6 or 7 PM. This setup is running through a DP34 switch on the side of my house. I found out today that if I leave any of the receivers on the local channels and not switch to a channel that uses 119/110, then it works all day and I can switch between the local channels. The problem is only when I switch away from the local channels on 148 and then back to them that they won't come back in. I've read a lot of threads here and everybody keeps talking about the lnbf overheating, but I don't think thats my problem. I'm still fairly new to dish and their equipment and I might be wrong, but I think my problem might be my DP34 switch going bad. Just trying to get a opinion on what might be wrong. I've been with Dish around a year and a half and totally enjoy it. This is my first major problem I've had. I have a work order but they say they can't get out until the 18 of August. Thanks.

Sounds like the LNB is overheating. I had the same problem last year on my 105 Super Dish, it would stop working from 10 AM - 8 PM during the summer.

Kaydigi said:
Sounds like the LNB is overheating. I had the same problem last year on my 105 Super Dish, it would stop working from 10 AM - 8 PM during the summer.
Same here. Try cooling off the LNB with a water hose and check to see if the picture comes back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)