want to switch receiver to another room?

swangin68

Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
california
i tried switching my dual tuner reciever from my room to my living room, so all i did was disconnect it,, and move it to the living room,, but it will not get a signal. from my dish i have the feed split to a in/out to one room and a uhf to the other room from outside so im assuming it send signal to both rooms, so i even switched rooms so the main feed was running to the living room and not the bedroom, and still no signal,, so i moved everything back how it was and see what it did and it works perfect in the bedroom being #1 but wont get signal to livingroom being #1...?????

can someone help, i called dish and they wanna charge $100.. its gotta be something easy i know it,,,

i was talking about the diplixer outside near the dish, i switched the rooms around and still nothing.. i thought thats what all i had to do but no signal,, '
cmon someone has some info, im stuck here with no tv downstairs, and i aint payin $100 for them to be here 5 min... to just hit a button,,,,anyone??????????????????

1-800-333-3474 are the buttons to push for a service call seeing you don't know what you are doing. That isn't a cable system you can't just screw in the cable and have it work.

First of all, are the cables going to each room RG6 rated for 2150 MHz of higher? If the cable going to the living room isn't you will not be able to place your receiver there. Second, diplexers are used in pairs. I'm sure you've seen the diplexer on the back of the receiver, leave it there even when you move it. The diplexer closest to the dish should be connected in this way: the IN/OUT cable connects to the IN/OUT of the diplexer at the receiver. The UHF cable goes to the TV2 location. These will need to be swapped if you change rooms providing the cable going to the living room is rated. If it was installed at the time of you dish installation, you should be fine. One other note, the cable connected to the SAT on the diplexer goes to the dish, leave this alone. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)