WANT to view a 3rd TV

lmn1220

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
newbie here. have dish dual rcvr and i want to have a 3rd tv hooked up.
i understand that i would be viewing the same thing that is on the rcvr which is not a problem.
just want to know the best way to do this.

thanks in advance

Take the home distribution feed from the back of the receiver & use a splitter to run the coax to the other tv's.

ok, dumb question: what's the home distrib feed? and right now there are 2 or 3 splitters back there already does that make a difference? and lastly what type of splitter 2, 3, 4 way?

thanks

ok, dumb question: what's the home distrib feed? and right now there are 2 or 3 splitters back there already does that make a difference? and lastly what type of splitter 2, 3, 4 way?

thanks

i suggest you read the owners manual - lots of good stuff in there. pictures even.

i suggest you read the owners manual - lots of good stuff in there. pictures even.

sorry can't read...why do people even bother to reply and say absolutely NOTHING. maybe u need to read the owner's manual of 'manners'.

could someone knowlegable answer my question as far as a splitter? i'm going to assume home feed is the cable in.

thanks.

Boba...sorry didn't see your response. they look like splitters. i will take a look and get back. thanks boba

Last edited:
there is a separator closest to the box and a diplexer. at a quick glance they looked like regular splitters.

Last edited:
there is a separator closest to the box and a diplexer. at a quick glance they looked like regular splitters.
You would need to take a small piece of coax and then hook up a regular cable splitter (you can use 2, 3, or 4 way) and then run it to the TVs. This splitter will go off the port labeled "Home Distribution." It is a coax port that can feed Tuner1 and Tuner2. The diplexer is used to backfeed the Tuner2 to TV2. You would connect the splitter before the diplexer (or run a new line and eliminate the diplexers).

To get Tuner 1 out the "Home Distribution Port" you need to go into the setup and find the Modulation Setting. I can't currently get the TV, so I can't tell you which numbers in the menu. You would turn it on and select the channel.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

sorry can't read...why do people even bother to reply and say absolutely NOTHING. maybe u need to read the owner's manual of 'manners'.

could someone knowlegable answer my question as far as a splitter? i'm going to assume home feed is the cable in.

thanks.

pardon me, i wasnt trying to be an ass, but an OWNERS manual is provided for a reason. so strange how people think its so difficult to pick one up but so much easier to type a question into a forum and read a sometimes UNCLEAR or just plain wrong answer in that.

i try and help people that try to help themselves first. if you read up around here you might notice that.

good day to you mr illiterate.

And if you really want a confusing mess of splitter-like devices behind your receiver, you could even combine the RF outputs from TV1 and TV2 with a splitter in reverse. ;)

And if you really want a confusing mess of splitter-like devices behind your receiver, you could even combine the RF outputs from TV1 and TV2 with a splitter in reverse. ;)
Depends on what receiver the OP has. If they have a 622 or 722, it will all be output on the one coax output (labeled "Home Distribution"), but I know for sure, on the 625, you would need to combine signals with a splitter.

However, you are correct that if Tuner1 and Tuner2 output separately on coax, you would need to use slitters in reverse. Good call Krell!!!

Geoff

topcat:

i HAD looked in a the owner's manual and it was unclear BEFORE i posted here. i couldn't find what i was looking for. so unfortunately you ASSUMED that i didn't. anyway other people were helpful!

Last edited:
Depends on what receiver the OP has. If they have a 622 or 722, it will all be output on the one coax output (labeled "Home Distribution"), but I know for sure, on the 625, you would need to combine signals with a splitter.

However, you are correct that if Tuner1 and Tuner2 output separately on coax, you would need to use slitters in reverse. Good call Krell!!!

Geoff

i have a 322 dual rcvr (see attachment). will the info you gave apply?

thanks

Attachments

• dishrcvr322.doc
    167.5 KB · Views: 149
post_old.gif
Today, 08:20 AM
lmn1220
user_online.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNASH

Geoff

thanks
Attached Files
doc.gif
dishrcvr322.doc (167.5 KB, 2 views)

thanks

k, sorry i blew up. really.

and yes, that info will apply as you ask.

usually its a simple matter to just combine both tv outs thru a 2 way splitter to another tv.

ignore the terms IN or OUT on a simple splitter. all connections on it are IN/OUT.

I have my TV 2 split in two. I ran a short cable off the fnial splitter (that was heading upstairs to my bedroom) and split into two to drop one downstairs in my den. Called CSR and said my kid has bashed my TV2 remote (I was still on the free year of their service program thing) and they sent me a new one. Programmed it the same as the other so I can keep one remote upstairs and downstairs (two flights of stairs to get a remote = no). Done

i appreciate everyones help but now i'm really confused. :confused:

it seems that the other replies refer to 622, 625 & 722 which are dvrs and unfortuntly mine isn't and it looks a whole lot different.

based on the attachment i've attached(screen shot of back of sat
box 322) i'm still unsure which cable to put the splitter; coming from what connection?
do i remove the cable under "home distrib" labeled "ch 21-69 out"?

sorry...thanks again:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)