Wanted: Local Dish Network office in Eastern NC

jdc20006

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
A few months ago I made a stupid mistake and quit my job as a technician for DirecTV. I thought I had a home business brewed up but after a few months I'm realizing I'm not making the money that I was. Problem is I can't go back to the company because I just woke up one day with a bunch of orders faxed in, freaked out, called my soup and told them to come get the van. A couple of weeks later business is slow. I miss installing but was told that I could not go back no matter how good of a tech I was because company policy says you must give two weeks notice in order to come back. I cannot become a sub contractor because I only own a car. I've been trying to research dish network and have been unsuccessful in finding a local office. Both companies allow you to apply "online" but from my experience this is the worst way to get hired on. I remember applying online to both companies before I landed the job with DirecTV and never got a response. I was driving down some of the local roads one day and saw a fleet of DirecTV vans parked outside a local office and decided to stop and ask if they were hiring. A couple of days later I was in training. DirecTV contracts their installs out and I was working for the home service provider. Not sure if this is true with Dish Network. I've seen a few Dish Network vans driving around but it would be absolutely insane to try to flag them down to ask where a local office is. Seems I can't catch a tech on site anywhere.

Does anyone work or know how to get numbers or addresses for the local offices for Dish Network in the Eastern NC area. The company DirecTV hires as the HSP has a total of 4 offices within a 60 mile radius but if you didn't know someone that worked for the company or live close by you wouldn't have a clue. The internet has been useless in tracking this information down. I have applied online but as I said before it seemed a lot easier to just walk into an office and speak face to face. I know installers are always needed for both companies. If anyone could be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I was a tech for 1.5 years and although I had a lot of "bad" days, I miss the work and would very much like to get back into it.

Yeah if you lived in the Wetern part of NC I could help but you are on the other end.

I suppose RSP or DNSC are acronyms? regional service provider? dish network service center? Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm guessing.

Also, does anyone know if they allow the techs to drive the vans home?

Thanks for the post and I already ran across the site. I was hoping to find info on one of the local offices I could just walk in. I know with directv the installers had a better chance walking into an office and applying than submitting an online app

Thanks for the post and I already ran across the site. I was hoping to find info on one of the local offices I could just walk in. I know with directv the installers had a better chance walking into an office and applying than submitting an online app

Also You can go to work for a retailer, We got better paid and you can setup your work hours. You can get a cheap but a good condition van or pick up truck(some of my fellow contractors had) And you will set it up very fast:)

How would I go about finding a retailer, my biggest problem is not owning a truck or van, I am hoping to change that soon but for now I would have to be issued a vehicle. I don't care about paying for the fuel. Let me know. Thanks....

How would I go about finding a retailer, my biggest problem is not owning a truck or van, I am hoping to change that soon but for now I would have to be issued a vehicle. I don't care about paying for the fuel. Let me know. Thanks....

Why you don't post on the Installer Zone forum? There's a lot a good fellow Installers/Contractors can help you out there and I know there's at least a couple working in your area.:up

Thanks I just posted a new thread in that forum but if anyone comes across this thread with helpful knowledge please post.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)