Wanting DISH pricing but . . .

Bronxiniowa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Iowa
. . . I don't want to give a rep or a chat window my SSN, which is what they requested last time I tried. Any suggestions? I would want:
  • 3 rooms with HD Hopper/Joey
  • 1 room with SD (kitchen, old 13" set)
  • AT 250
  • Multisport
Thanks for your help!

I think he is saying he wants to start service with DISH.... Contact a DIRT member here and see what they say about it. I'm guessing you have to give a SSN to establish not only your credit but that you don't have another delinquent account with them and maybe other reasons.

I think he is saying he wants to start service with DISH.... Contact a DIRT member here and see what they say about it. I'm guessing you have to give a SSN to establish not only your credit but that you don't have another delinquent account with them and maybe other reasons.
I don't believe Dirt can help start a new service other than re-directing a new accounts person.

He said he wanted pricing. Not sure why he would need to release any info for pricing.

Just design it on the website. Or I agree on Dirt, they could prob tell you a cost structure easy enough.

Different credit qualifications offer different options. You can pay $90 and purchase equipment and pay for the install.

That also comes with no monthly discounts, and I am not sure on the premiums. It would be contractless

Looking over your replies. So I have to be individually underwritten, like getting insurance? For a commodity like television? Really?

You are looking at hundreds and hundreds of dollars in investment into you, so that is why.
The latest SAC numbers show the number is about $736 that DISH puts down to acquire and install an "average" subscriber.

TV programming may be a commodity, but the equipment to receive it and particularly the installation of that equipment is not.

So my neighbor down the street may be paying less than I for the exact same equipment and service?
In a nutshell, yes. Most typical new customer offers and advertised programming and installation discounts are subject to credit approval. Now, the majority of credit-worthy customers would qualify, but a few that fall below the credit threshold may not qualify for free installation, or discounted or monthly billing service contracts. In those cases, they may have to pay some amount for installation or be a non-contractual "pay-as-you-go" customer without promotional discounts or contract. Without doing a basic credit check, there would be no way to know where the new customer falls.

Think of it this way. You go to get a new car with a loan, and so does your neighbor. You both very well could get different rates for your loan as the bank will decide how risky it would be to invest. If you wanted to pay for it all upfront to avoid credit checks, then you can.

When I bought a cell phone, it was financed at 0%, in part, because I have "good" credit according to my phone carrier. And yes, the carriers in many cases literally set prices according to your credit rating.

Well, I certainly don't object to going through a credit check. But in this day and age, with ID theft running rampant, I am not going to hand out my SSN to a stranger over the phone or submit it on the Internet. All I want to know is what I would be paying for my setup and compare that with what my cable company is charging.

Well, I certainly don't object to going through a credit check. But in this day and age, with ID theft running rampant, I am not going to hand out my SSN to a stranger over the phone or submit it on the Internet. All I want to know is what I would be paying for my setup and compare that with what my cable company is charging.
Yea, because the options are so great, they can't give you that. What you can do is go to mydish.com and see the everyday rates and compare those, but without a credit check, you will not be able to compare promotional pricing. Hey just won't know what promotion you qualify for ahead of time.

. . . I don't want to give a rep or a chat window my SSN, which is what they requested last time I tried. Any suggestions? I would want:
  • 3 rooms with HD Hopper/Joey
  • 1 room with SD (kitchen, old 13" set)
  • AT 250
  • Multisport
$95.99 / month for two years. After that, no idea. It includes (1) Hopper and (3) Joeys (yes, the kitchen TV will have an HD-capable box - you can't pick other non-Hopper or non-Joey receivers with the online ordering option). This is with picking "good" credit. They have a step higher too, FWIW.
With "average" credit (one step below "good"), it's the same rate but they want $100 up-front ($50 one-time leased receiver fee and a $50 activation fee).

They have a "Building credit" option but I'm not doing that one....

When I pick the "No credit" option, the route you'd have to take if you won't let them check your credit, it wants me to call and talk to someone or let them call me.

Well, I certainly don't object to going through a credit check. But in this day and age, with ID theft running rampant, I am not going to hand out my SSN to a stranger over the phone or submit it on the Internet.
How do you pay for your current cable service ? Unless you pay with cash at the cable co's payment locations, you're giving your credit card info over the internet.

Do you have wireless phone service and if so, did you get a "free" phone or subsidized pricing ? If you did, you let them check your credit. They transmitted your SSN over the internet, albeit over a "secure" connection.

You could go to a Dish retailer and do all the sign-up stuff, but guess what they'll still have to do ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)