Wanting to send signal out of 811 to 2nd t.v

sscinokc

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
On my 508 DVR, I have the signal coming out of my receiver to a splitter. From that splitter, one feeds to the tv., the other feeds to the attic where it goes to an amplified splitter and feeds the other tv's in the house. Works perfect.

I now have the 811 HD receiver and want to do the same thing. So, I have component coming out of the satellite reciever to the t.v., then a separate video/audio lines coming out of satellite receiver to a converter that sends the signal back through coaxal...then on to the attic to attach to cable for another t.v. Does that make sense? Seemed to work.

The next day after doing this, I was having problems with the satellite, and the Dish Tech told me I can't use both Component and audio/video leads at the same time. He said too much power was being drawn from the unit, causing over heating and other problems. He said I would have to upgrade to the new 622 coming out in February. Does this make sense? or is this just bait to sell me the 622.

anyone else tried this?

Pure BS from the E* tech. The 811 is fully capable of sending signal via the component and composite outputs at the same time. It is designed to work this way. Your 811 may have another problem, or it may just need to be reset.

ats7627 is right, BS from the tech. If resetting your 811 (hold power button on front of reciver for approx 10 sec. or unplug) does not help check the line going to your "converter" I am guessing this is a modulator that puts your 811 on a certain channel? and make sure voltage is not going back into your 811. sometimes distribution amps and modulators go bad and backlash the voltage. And by the way the 811 does suck! I have heard of a lot of people having problems and I am one of them. Can't wait to get the 622 in FEB.

Once I found out that the composite and component outputs of the 811 worked simultaneously, I connected the composite outputs to a modulator and fed it to other rooms in my house. It has worked fine since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts