Wanting to switch from DirecTV -> Dish

boba said:
DHA is Digital Home Advantage the lease promotion from DISH Network that SBC suckers you into to save $4/Mo.
Why is equipment rental a bad thing? I just glanced through the terms of DHA, it doesn't seem bad.

Except for the only one 522 receiver, which I'm going to try to get around.

D* has a special right now that should give you a DirecTivo for $50 as an existing customer if you have any Total Choice Package and you didn't do any special deals within the last 6 month. The second one (if you want two) would beo $100. Call them again - talk to customer retention... They will also do all the hook up (including a multi switch - if required) for that price.

I have D* and E* and I have to say that the Software on the D*Tivo's is much better than the E* software (in my opinion)...

New Here

Hey all, I'm new here so bear with me. Hopefully my question isnt anwsered elsewhere, if it is, maybe someone can give me a link to the info I need.

I too, am switching from DirecTV to DishNet. I am wondering if I can continue to use my current dish and just reaim it, and if so what modifications do I need to do to make it work. I really don't want to go up on my roof and completely reinstall a new dish. I have one of the oval shaped dishes from Directv currently.

Hopefully someone can anwser my questions. Also, I am not very advanced in all the technical mumbo jumbo about this stuff so if we can keep it in plain english it would help.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.

ShaunNY06 said:
I am wondering if I can continue to use my current dish and just reaim it, and if so what modifications do I need to do to make it work. I really don't want to go up on my roof and completely reinstall a new dish. I have one of the oval shaped dishes from Directv currently.

Sorry, no. You need a new dish. But the good news is you don't have to install it. Installation is included in most packages. And if you get a decent installer like I did, they may offer to take your old dish down for no extra charge. (Well, I guess there's something in it for them, too: it makes it harder for you to change your mind.)

ShaunNY06 said:
Hey all, I'm new here so bear with me. Hopefully my question isnt anwsered elsewhere, if it is, maybe someone can give me a link to the info I need.

I too, am switching from DirecTV to DishNet. I am wondering if I can continue to use my current dish and just reaim it, and if so what modifications do I need to do to make it work. I really don't want to go up on my roof and completely reinstall a new dish. I have one of the oval shaped dishes from Directv currently.

Hopefully someone can anwser my questions. Also, I am not very advanced in all the technical mumbo jumbo about this stuff so if we can keep it in plain english it would help.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.
I've heard that the masts of the DirecTV and Dish Network dishes are the same, so you shouldn't have to completely install a new dish. I plan on making the installers who come here try to do it with my old DirecTV dish. They shouldn't complain much, my install is going to be super easy for them. Existing RG6, I'm only going to need one diplexer hooked up, the dish switched, and probably a new multiswitch. Not a major job at all

kaptain said:
I've heard that the masts of the DirecTV and Dish Network dishes are the same, so you shouldn't have to completely install a new dish. I plan on making the installers who come here try to do it with my old DirecTV dish. They shouldn't complain much, my install is going to be super easy for them. Existing RG6, I'm only going to need one diplexer hooked up, the dish switched, and probably a new multiswitch. Not a major job at all
kaptain: Yes - the masts (foot) are compatible. Installers will use whatever suitable existing stuff they can. the last 'switch' I did, I used the D* foot, but had to install new dual RG-6. The old cable ran into a wall, out under the house, was segmented with barrel connectors, and I just said it was a service call waiting to happen. New feed, no problems.

Shaun: With an existing 'foot', existing RG-6, and similar size dishes, why should you care if they swap out the pizza pan and the LNBFs? It's not going to cost you anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)