Wanting to upgrade? Now might be the time....

cvfd1615

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Kentucky
Just got off the chat with the loyalty department. I was able to secure a 722K, Upgrade fee waived and technician fee was waived, coming Wednesday morning for install.

(18) XXXXXX: I will be able to waive the cost of the upgrade. Would you like to get that set up now? It would still call for a contract of 24 months and a cc dc number to tie to the serial number on the receiver.
(18) XXXXXX: Your bill will be staying the same for replacing the receiver that you have now with the hd receiver. I will waive the 100.00 upgrade fee and the 95.00 tech visit fee.
(18) XXXXXX: You are correct. On your bills you will see the 100.00 upgrade charge and the 95.00 tech visit charge, then a 100.00 credit and a 95.00 credit to wash out the charges.
Me: I want to thank you for waiving these fees to earn my business. The other CSR doubted you would waive it but I see that Dish values their customers especially ones that pay every month on time everytime.
(18) XXXXXX: Yes, that is one of the biggest factors that comes into what we can and cant waive. You called at a perfect time too, the corporate office just loosened the reigns on what we can do.

Might be worth a shot if you've been wanting to upgrade and have been hit with fees.

I was just thinking about this since I have a 625. I never could justify the $100 fee for the 722 receiver with my HDTV that is decent but not great in terms of PQ. The fact I'd have to re-up for another 24 months does not help either, since I'm out of contract right now.

I'm just worried this won't be the last time Dish gets pushed around, but the next time I maybe stuck mid-contract.

Decisions, decisions...

Just got off the chat with the loyalty department. I was able to secure a 722K, Upgrade fee waived and technician fee was waived, coming Wednesday morning for install.

(18) XXXXXX: I will be able to waive the cost of the upgrade. Would you like to get that set up now? It would still call for a contract of 24 months and a cc dc number to tie to the serial number on the receiver.
(18) XXXXXX: Your bill will be staying the same for replacing the receiver that you have now with the hd receiver. I will waive the 100.00 upgrade fee and the 95.00 tech visit fee.
(18) XXXXXX: You are correct. On your bills you will see the 100.00 upgrade charge and the 95.00 tech visit charge, then a 100.00 credit and a 95.00 credit to wash out the charges.
Me: I want to thank you for waiving these fees to earn my business. The other CSR doubted you would waive it but I see that Dish values their customers especially ones that pay every month on time everytime.
(18) XXXXXX: Yes, that is one of the biggest factors that comes into what we can and cant waive. You called at a perfect time too, the corporate office just loosened the reigns on what we can do.

Might be worth a shot if you've been wanting to upgrade and have been hit with fees.

Make sure to keep the transcript, last month i had my 922 installed and the csr stated that i wasn't gonna be charged the 95 tech visit. next bill came with 95 charge for tech
call the cost. service which at first didn't want to hear about it than i pull the transcript . only than the csr agreed to give me a 95 $ credit.

never trust dish!

I found out the hard way that any type of equipment upgrade brings a new 2 yr clock. I asked for an HD receiver to replace an old SD receiver (not even a HD DVR) back in May 2009...just to be nice to my daughter, so she could watch HD on her TV while she was home from college for the summer. I only discovered yesterday that I am on that 2 year clock until May 2011. :mad: Wish I had asked for and gotten more than that for the reup!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)