HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: WarGames

Tagline: Is it a game, or is it real?

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John Badham[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Matthew Broderick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dabney Coleman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ally Sheedy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Wood[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barry Corbin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juanin Clay[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kent Williams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dennis Lipscomb[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joe Dorsey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Irving Metzman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Ensign[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]William Bogert[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Susan Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Tolkan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Clover[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Drew Snyder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Garber[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Duncan Wilmore[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billy Ray Sharkey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Spencer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Madsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erik Stern[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Bisig[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Sexton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Bernard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frankie Hill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jesse D. Goins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alan Blumenfeld[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Len Lawson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maury Chaykin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eddie Deezen[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1983-06-03[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]114[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]High School student David Lightman (Matthew Broderick) has a talent for hacking. But while trying to hack into a computer system to play unreleased video games, he unwittingly taps into the Defense Department's war computer and initiates a confrontation of global proportions! Together with his girlfriend (Ally Sheedy) and a wizardly computer genius (John Wood), David must race against time to outwit his opponent...and prevent a nuclear Armageddon.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
akPIXEzNgjmtiz5FTtaLBHJassh.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

I was 12 years old when this movie came out and it was the first movie my parents let me go to by myself. And I think in a lot of ways it shaped me and my love for computers and more importantly the online world.

What a great movie this was. A young Matthew Broderick dials into a computer system looking to play an online game he saw in a magazine and instead dials into a government computer and almost launches World War 3.

This is a fun movie to watch now and see how much not only computers have changed.. but how the world has changed.

After I saw this movie I had the desire to be part of the online world and started using services such as CompuServe, the Prodigy then AOL. But that wasn't good enough so I started my own online Bulletin Board System where people could talk about topics much like we do here at SatelliteGuys today.

If you are a fan of computers you will want to see this one... look how far we have come! Fun movie!

War Games is available from Amazon.COM Amazon product ASIN B0011EQBOS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts