Warning about Roku/Energizer 14-day free Trial

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I saw the ad for the Energizer 14-day trial on my Roku 3 yesterday 7/20/16 and thought well I never tried it so I'll take SlingTV out for a spin. Well I just logged into my account out of boredom and noticed that my free 14 day trial ends on 7/27/16. Half of the 14-day free trial... (the usual 7 days free)

first of all the link to the free trial is http://www.sling.com/Energizer. On the first page it does say start your free 7-day trial, I didn't notice this on my first pass at the site but on the the third step after you pick your Sling Orange package you notice to the right at the bottom it says "Monthly Bill after 14-days free" the last picture is of my account and you notice that my 14-days is just 7-days ...

slingtv1.PNG slingtv2.PNG slingtv3.PNG

Besides this hiccup, while the orange package lacks in number of streams, and some channels that are included in the PSVue line up (but more expensive, and actually some can be added by subbing to Sling Blue I believe (USA/SyFy NBCU/Comcast channels) the SlingTV interface on the Roku 3 is superb compared to the lackluster PSVue interface on the same device. I was really inpressed with the interface and the picture quality.

Just an update, Sling fixed the issue with me over private message with no problems. The whole reason behind the post was to warn people who may have the intentions to sign up for the 14 day trial only to cancel it on the 13th day (haha, thirteenth hour) before being billed.

So far I like what's offered by Sling via the Roku. The major plus is the interface (which looks to be absolutely the same across platforms) vs. The Playstation Vue in regards of the Roku interface is not as great compared to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions.

- Sling you get to take your TV anywhere (not locked to city/ip address like their competitors service)
- Interface is great across all devices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)