Warning acquiring satellite message..help

BethTN

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
We just installed a Dish Network 301 system. We are subscribing to Sky Angel. After locking our signal in and selecting the cancel button..the screen goes to "Warning" acquiring satellite" This screen has been like this for 3 days now.

I understand that Sky Angel programming takes up to 4 days to activate. But, I would think that the vital information would download in a matter of minutes and then I would get another screen to select channels with until sky angel activates.

My question is, is there something wrong with my receiver?

Thanks!
Beth

welcome to satellite guys. Be sure to visit often.

Do you have a dish pointing at the 61.5 satellite? That is where all the sky angel programming is at. if you told the place where you ordered it from that you wanted sky angel, they should have set up everything correctly. when you go into the menu of the receiver, do you get a signal from 61.5? This might tell you if they hooked it up properly. Are you also getting regular dish network programming?

give us a little bit more info on what equipment you havel.

This is a dup post...I deleted the one in the Tech forum. Here is what I put there

correct
Once you are setup, it only takes less than 5 minutes and you should have the barker channels (Dish 101, etc)

Do this
-unplug unit, wait 30 seconds, and then plug back in
-go back into the menu and get a good lock on signal
-do a check switch...THIS IS CRUCIAL especially with just 61.5 If you don't do this, it will keep trying to get 110 or 119. The system doesnt know to look for 61.5

I was doing some testing on an old receiver (getting 148 & 61.5). I did a check switch to clear everything (before I started) and when I got done, it kept looking for the 2 main Dish satellites (110 & 119)

I bet if you run a check switch, it shojuld work

Thanks

We installed it ourselves and it is locked into 61.5 w. I turned it off and then on again and ran the check switch and sure enough it got the download, finally..
Thanks!!!

Beth

BethTN said:
We installed it ourselves and it is locked into 61.5 w. I turned it off and then on again and ran the check switch and sure enough it got the download, finally..
Thanks!!!

Beth
glad it worked out for you :)

I can go to channel 580 and I see the words "international professional info"

and underneath that I have a message that says "attention acquiring satellite signal"

Will it be this way until they activate it?
Thanks!
Beth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)