No Signal - Acquiring on all 16 Tuners

vipul128

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
My hopper 3 and connected Joeys went to a black screen and then stopped providing signal tonight. The black screen has happened the last few nights but not so bad that it never came back. This time all 16 tuners are showing acquiring signal even after a hopper reboot. I did a test connection and the signal says not locked but then will lock for a short time before going back to not locked. Also getting a 015a complete signal loss error. Nothing has changed from earlier in the day until tonight and there's no bad weather or anything. Dish is not blocked. I noticed X's in the 3rd column on the Dish screen but I'm assuming that's the 129 satellite that's no longer in use. The Test Installation is supposed to "fix" that but really does nothing.

Am I SOL and need a support call or does anyone have any ideas or possibly a wider outage?

My hopper 3 and connected Joeys went to a black screen and then stopped providing signal tonight. The black screen has happened the last few nights but not so bad that it never came back. This time all 16 tuners are showing acquiring signal even after a hopper reboot. I did a test connection and the signal says not locked but then will lock for a short time before going back to not locked. Also getting a 015a complete signal loss error. Nothing has changed from earlier in the day until tonight and there's no bad weather or anything. Dish is not blocked. I noticed X's in the 3rd column on the Dish screen but I'm assuming that's the 129 satellite that's no longer in use. The Test Installation is supposed to "fix" that but really does nothing.

Am I SOL and need a support call or does anyone have any ideas or possibly a wider outage?
Call in for a tech visit. Obviously something has happened to cause signal loss. Could be a loose connector, loose mount, loose bolts on dish causing it to move in the wind, something such as a bird could of hit your dish, bending the reflector, cable could be damaged, hopper could be bad, lnb or hub could be bad, there’s many other reasons. Just because it was fine earlier doesn’t mean nothing has happened. Sometimes damage can occur months if not up to a year or longer ago and over time cause corrosion at the damage point and each day it gets a tiny bit worse until finally one day out of nowhere it just stops working.

Yeah I think I need an appointment too but the problem is that it's pretty intermittent. The TV was back by the morning and working fine for 3-4 days until it went to a black screen and then out again around 10pm for about 15-30 mins. Convincing phone support to send someone out is going to be challenging and I'm not sure if someone came out they'd know what to fix if it's working fine when they come out.

My gut is telling me bad switch, but I don't know what the symptoms would be for that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah I think I need an appointment too but the problem is that it's pretty intermittent. The TV was back by the morning and working fine for 3-4 days until it went to a black screen and then out again around 10pm for about 15-30 mins. Convincing phone support to send someone out is going to be challenging and I'm not sure if someone came out they'd know what to fix if it's working fine when they come out.

My gut is telling me bad switch, but I don't know what the symptoms would be for that.
That sounds like water infiltration somewhere causing corroded fittings

Any good tech will find the problem. Tell them to send tech or cancel your account. They will send someone lol

Reactions: charlesrshell
That sounds like water infiltration somewhere causing corroded fittings
That's what I was thinking also. OP, not sure if you can, but any connections you can physically easily get to outside, you can undo and examine. They should look like this:
1691410404721.png
. Notice the white plastic looking portion. That's what you want it to look like. If it looks like this:
1691410479796.png
that's probably your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts