Warning, AT&T Dishnetwork Bundling Misinformation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kubilus1

Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I called DishNetwork to setup DishHD last week. Seems they will tell you anything to get you to sign up. I've been a naked DSL AT&T customer for some time. I asked DishNetwork about bundling this with AT&T, I was told that I would need a DishNetwork account number, and then I could call AT&T to bundle.

This is a Lie!

Or just misinformation, but nonetheless, you MUST go through AT&T to bundle. I guess I lost any chance of discounts! I have my doubts that naked DSL has much of a discount, but still this kind of pisses me off. The AT&T rep said they have gotten lots of calls with this same misinformation.

Besides that, the 722 receiver is a cool piece of equipment. I love the UHF remote for a second TV that downconverts the HD. Now I can hookup that old 19" SD in the closet.

You might be thankful that you didn't bundle. Have recently had an account that DID bundle and when he asked for a up-grade to a 722 from a 625, had to go through an act of congress to get him approved for the 722. What little he saved by going to AT&T isn't worth the hassel.

When I asked about this bundling program neither company had CSR's that were informed about the programs adequately.

Seriously does this "lying" surprise anyone? Not me.

I received a notice from Centurytel, my phone company, saying I could save $5 @ month by bundling my Dish with them. NO WAY! It's bad enough sometimes dealing with Dish directly. God knows what it'd be like dealng with them through my phone company even though I've always had excellent customer service with Centurytel.:rolleyes:

Ed

A friend of mine has the bundle. Every time he makes a programming change through Dish, his AT&T bill is always wrong and takes multiple calls to correct it.

Bundling with AT&T or any phone company is about the absolute worse thing you can do.

If im not mistaken the bundling saves you about $5, but the question you got to ask is the $5 worth dealing with AT&T and having issues when it comes to getting upgrades?

Besides that, try calling Dish with any problem and as soon as they see your an AT&T account they tell you to call AT&T, and then you got to deal with their idiot CSR's who are even less knowledgable than the ones at Dish.

I bundle with Embarq and save $5 a month. Every time I've called about Dish changes, it's been no hassle and sounded like somebody in the states.

Besides that, try calling Dish with any problem and as soon as they see your an AT&T account they tell you to call AT&T, and then you got to deal with their idiot CSR's who are even less knowledgable than the ones at Dish.
I have to disagree with this statement. When I've called support with a problem or to request a change over the years (4-5 times) I've been automatically routed to an "AT&T / DishNetwork" support person, I never had to call a different number. And, each time the person was U.S. based with no foreign accent.

The downside of bundling I've experienced is not being able to take advantage to special promotions like the 1¢ Cinemax deal, and the fact that it took me six months to get a 622 from them. Other than that, for me, the CSR support has been great.

Don't forget if you bundle with AT&T, you will not be able to get the Cinemax for one penny promo. I tried 3 times with different CSRs and they all say you can't do it. This one was actually a dealbreaker for me.

PLUS, in order to qualify for the bundle discount, you have to have DSL AND a qualifying phone service (Universal Lifeline does not qualify).

Billing with AT&T Dish CSRs has been okay. All the ones I"ve dealt with are stateside. Only thing is you have to call. No online chat option :(

Everything is always based on your own experience. My own with AT&T has been very, very good. I was an early adopter on the Dish/AT&T partnership in my area (St. Louis) and while the initial install was messed up, Dish and AT&T worked together to make it right. They did the same thing on my recent HD upgrade, which did not go smoothly but is now excellent.

We do have the bundle, for internet, phone and satellite. Yes, it only saves about $5, but I've compared the price of having three comparable services from any combination of other providers, and it's at least comparable if not quite a bit cheaper.

Plus, any time I've ever had to call with a question, I've always had really good luck with CSRs. Compared to the horror stories I've read here with Dish CSRs, I'll take AT&Ts folks any time. They seem much more cognizant of the value of good service, at least from my second-hand opinions.

The downside? Already mentioned here. There don't seem to be as many promos, like the one cent Cinemax deal or things like that... but at the end of the day I don't need or want Cinemax or any channels like those, even for a penny. So it's not an issue for me...

Again, pick any ten people and they'll have a different opinion based on their own experiences. That's what makes the world go 'round, I suppose. But from my perspective, bundling, even with the much-maligned AT&T, is a good deal and definitely not a hassle.

I called DishNetwork to setup DishHD last week. Seems they will tell you anything to get you to sign up. I've been a naked DSL AT&T customer for some time. I asked DishNetwork about bundling this with AT&T, I was told that I would need a DishNetwork account number, and then I could call AT&T to bundle.

This is a Lie!

Or just misinformation, but nonetheless, you MUST go through AT&T to bundle. I guess I lost any chance of discounts! I have my doubts that naked DSL has much of a discount, but still this kind of pisses me off. The AT&T rep said they have gotten lots of calls with this same misinformation.

Besides that, the 722 receiver is a cool piece of equipment. I love the UHF remote for a second TV that downconverts the HD. Now I can hookup that old 19" SD in the closet.

The AT&T bundled accounts are the worst headache for us technicians. The customer's are misinformed about even basic things about 80% of the time. They're told they need a phone line hooked up because that's how Dish sends the guide information and software updates. Or they're not told they need a phone line at all. They're given incorrect pricing, told they'll be getting HD DVR on all TVs, (especially problematic when they sign them up for a 722, 322) that a 722 will do HD on both TVs, and my personal favorite - building every job as a two room 322. Even if the customer ordered a 4 room setup with a 722, 625. The AT&T rep actually TOLD the customer that they do it this way to fit it in the schedule. Just tell the tech when he gets there so he can change it and put in the other 2 rooms. :mad: These jobs have a point value for a reason. They told them on more than one occasion that they build it as a 322 so they don't get charged the fees for getting a 722, 625. :mad: Unreal.

I repeat my previous post....an act of congress is required to accomplish a customer up-grade. Why make life more difficult than necessary???????

These horror stories happen in the directv camp and Im an example of it costing me $60 more a month than I was quoted by 5 CSRS from att.

well, if anyone ever gets a chance to bundle with windstream, go for it. that company has got their act together. one windstream rep told me that they are so focused on cust service that they get marked down on scoring for having calls that are too short in length. windstream wants to make sure their employees have all the time needed to take care of every situtation that arises instead of passing the buck. when i got my dsl from them, the modem they sent me didnt power up. i called up, asked for a replacement, and they sent it no questions asked. surprisingly,i got it the next day. i didnt even ask or know they were overniting it and i was not charged for it either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)