Warning: Dvr 510 Upgrade

I have had Dish Network CSR's do the same thing to me, they would hang up on me without resolving my problem. I do NOT think it is a coincidence that Dish Network CSR's usually hang up when there is a problem that needs resolved, but they do not when there is no problem that cannot get resolved.

If you do the $79 trade in and swap out a receiver... does it matter if it's currently active on your account? I have an old 4000 from a roomate from long ago. Can I pack that up and send it for the trade? :D

It probably has to be active so it can be swapped out and when it is activated then it can take the place of the one it replaced.

What if you turn off your 2nd receiver and call in and get that deal, will they make you swap your receiver if you only got one on your account after you turn the 2nd one off?

jlhugh,

I turned off my second receiver, and then called in for the deal. Because I was "adding" an additional receiver, I couldn't get the $79 deal. I had to pay the $99 price and wait for an installer to come out with the receiver.

Doesn't sound like that great of a new deal does it? I got in on the earlier deal and paid a flat $99 for the 510. Kept all of my existing equipment and the install fee was credited back due to my existing credit card autopay. Comittment was only 12 months as well.

Well, I may have scored a 508. All I have to do is run this guy some phone llines in his new house and I think I can get it. Still working on the details. So dish can keep their 510 for now.

Since I don't qualify for the "Super 510 deal" (all I have is locals), I got the 508 from Claude & the DishStore...should be getting it tomorrow :D

I just ordered the 510. I paid $79, they will ship it to me with UPS 2 day at no additional charge. I will send them back my oldest receiver, which I think is a 2700. I will now pay the $4.98 monthly for the VOD (Video On Demand) access. That's it, the $24.95 is waived since I have auto pay, and the $50 dollars is waived since I'm sending them my old receiver that is really not worth too much anyway. But I have to say, I would keep the old receiver if I could. Not too bad a deal, I have one 510 already and feel wierd when watching the other TV that doesn't have it. I miss the ability to control the TV better. The new one is going into the living room and getting connected to the Home Theatre system...

I just ordered the 510. I paid $79, they will ship it to me with UPS 2 day at no additional charge. I will send them back my oldest receiver, which I think is a 2700. I will now pay the $4.98 monthly for the VOD (Video On Demand) access. That's it, the $24.95 is waived since I have auto pay, and the $50 dollars is waived since I'm sending them my old receiver that is really not worth too much anyway. But I have to say, I would keep the old receiver if I could. Not too bad a deal, I have one 510 already and feel wierd when watching the other TV that doesn't have it. I miss the ability to control the TV better. The new one is going into the living room and getting connected to the Home Theatre system...

Is the $99 deal that they have on their website different than the $79 deal???
I ordered a 510 on April 14th for $99 and now I'm wondering if I can get another at $79 if that's a different offer. If I remember correctly, Charlie mentioned the $79 offer starting on April 15th.

I am wondering if you can get this deal if you got a previous DVR deal and also if you would still be able to get the 721 deal for $249 that is coming out soon if you got this deal and got a previous deal before. I was really hoping to get 522's in the future but those are not available for existing subscribers at this time.

What I was meaning was I would rather be able to get the 522 deal instead of the 721 deal but do not know if a 522 will become available, although the more I think about it, it seems likely since almost every other DVR they ever came out with (all except the 921 which has not been out that long) has had a promotion available with it.

:confused:
GaryPen said:
If you currently have two receivers, they will charge an extra $25 for the required installation of the 510 as an additional receiver.

If you currently have 2 receivers, and you have them ship it to you as an upgrade, but install it yourself and keep your 2nd receiver anyway, they will charge you $50.

If you currently have 3 receivers, and are replacing one of them with the 510, you can have it shipped directly with no additional penalties as long as you ship back the one you are replacing.

What if you have 4 receivers? I have 4 301's & unless I get a different/more switches, Dish should know that I just can't "add" that 5th reciever. Or can I?

got the same deal..
$79 to upgrade my 311 to a 510. no additional costs as long as i return the 311.
($99 is the cost when they send u someone to ur home to install it. )

They actually didn't ask me to sign up for AutoPay.
I waited until the 510 arrived. but no one charged additional amounts to my Credit Card. After that I signed up for autopay myself.. since its easier for me anyways. ;-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts