Warning - Lost all recordings.

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I was deleting programs inside a group on my 625 which I have done before and it deleted all my records. Will never use this option again. Lost some valuable programs.

I was deleting programs inside a group on my 625 which I have done before and it deleted all my records. Will never use this option again. Lost some valuable programs.

Are you positive you did not select EDIT until AFTER you were in the group?

TIVO software is friendly, it supports recovering deleted recordings:)

too bad E doesnt offer that.

It could be a extra fee option, 5 bucks per use or 3 bucks a month permanetely.......

TIVO software is friendly, it supports recovering deleted recordings:)

This is a misstatement. TIVO does not support recovering deleted recordings. It moves them to the "Trash" like your PC. They still eat up space, but will automatically be overwritten from there.

I was inside the group. This is the only way to do it that i know. It wont let you select a group outside to delete. this is how I always do it. Even deleted protected recordings.

I never use the delete all option. There are senarios where it seems like you are only going to delete the programs in the group, but it ends up deleting all of the recordings instead. Now I always manually select each file that I am going to delete, then I select delete. I am too gun-shy to ever want to use the delete all function again.

just a FYI, protected recordings are only protected from auto deletion UNLESS you lock your system. If the system is locked then it will stop manual deletes until you enter the unlock code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts